chapter 40

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ life's breath in the candlelight,
lost hearts in the dead of night. ❞

- fading light, aviators.

[i apologise for dragging this out - i promise it'll be worth it

also a question i need answered asap!

who would you like to see Y/N reunite with first? ;)
i have a feeling most of you might say shinobu or kyoujuro...]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

"Fuck, fuck, fuck fuck," Akaza heard the Slayer next to the mutter, yet, it was the only word to describe the scene in front of them. The two of them had gotten there in three hours, but that still wasn't enough.

As soon as the duo had got there, belt-like weapons were surrounding the area, red smoke covering the place. The belts had slashed up houses, the ground, everything in front them. Akaza held their shoulders turned their body to him, even though their head was focused on the destruction of the district.

"Y/N-san, they'll be fine, you need to calm in this situation. Panicking won't help you."

E/c eyes locked with honey, a determination that spread through their body.

"Start with looking for them, both Upper Moon Sixes will be trying to provoke one of the fledgling Slayers you like so much."

Akaza held their cheeks gently, forcing Y/N to look at him, "You can do this. Save them." He stroked their cheeks with his thumbs, a soft smile on his face, "I'll be there with you the whole way through."

Y/N nodded, and Akaza could see an anger that could rival his Masters fuelling their drive, their goal.

Squinting their e/c eyes in a glare, Y/N spoke with a fury that resembled that of a volcano erupting. "Let's save them from those two fuckers, Akaza-kun."

-

A voice.

"Tanjiro, look out!"

A push.

Falling.

Terror. Fear. Defeat.

Darkness.

"Don't apologise, onii-chan."

Snapping his eyes open, the familiar humanised version of his little sister stood, black hair swaying in the cold winter air, pink eyes set in determination, clutching onto her pink spider-webbed kimono tightly.

"Onii-chan, why are you always apologising?" She asked, "If we're poor, does that make us unhappy? Are you so determined to blame someone? You think it was our father's fault for dying of illness? He tried as hard as he could, and it wasn't enough, so we just have to accept that!"