chapter 63

❝ light it up and the ember's so damn bright
colored glass like fiction in my eyes
but here i am all alone in the smoke tonight
my cinder heart doesn't feel right. ❞

- wildfire, eric nam.

[ late night update + and early one??

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

[ late night update + and early one??

i hope you guys like the characters i put in, they aren't huge characters, but they'll be side characters for y/n. and i feel like we needed some extra to just  :)

and yes, chuuya is chuuya nakahara, and ayaka is ayaka from genshin...]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

"Hey, Kazuha, I have a question for you..."

"What is it, Y/N-san?" Kazuha crooned as he nibbled on a treat they had given him.

Y/N continued to stare at the training low-ranked Slayers as they fought each other - which had been going on for an hour at most - and hummed.

"What was your old master like? You always talk about me being better than them, yet you have never told me why?"

Kazuha stopped nibbling on his favourite treat for a second, pausing, then resumed eating it. It wasn't until he finished his treat that he started speaking.

"The old owner... wasn't the nicest. She had lost her twin sister in a battle against a few demons and became reclused and closed off. Her twin sister also was the owner of my brother, Tomo. He died along with her. After the death of her twin sister, she became cold and often ignored me, focusing on her missions. She was so focused on murdering the things that killed her own sister that she neglected herself, which resulted in her death."

Y/N's e/c eyes glimmered with sorrow, "That's... sad. What was her name?"

"Her name was Raiden Ei, her sister was Raiden Makoto."

"Well, I hope she's doing better with her twin sister." Y/N whispered, to which Kazuha nodded in agreement.

"Either way, I'm glad I have you, Y/N-san."

"I'm glad I have you too, Kazuha."

They stood in silence for a few minutes, when Y/N let out a sigh. "Do you think they deserve some sakura mochi that I made for Mitsuri-san?"

"... You made it for Kanroji-san, no?"

"I made extra for the Slayers. They've been doing good."

"Then I guess."

Y/N hummed, nodding. They walked inside their estate and grabbed a plate of sakura mochi and made their way back outside to their garden where the five Slayers - a new one was coming soon hopefully, Sanemi was very harsh in his training - and called for them.