chapter 46

❝ if i could begin to be
half of what you think of me
i could do about anything
i could even learn how to love. ❞

- love like you, steven universe.

[hehe... sometimes i'm creative and i'm proud. also thank you for 66k?? wtf it's going up so fast idk what to do!!!]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

After that emotionally exhausting conversation, as soon as their head hit the pillow, Y/N was out like a light.

Waking up, they hoped for no more surprise visits for the day, wanting to spend some time alone. Time that didn't come easily when you come back from the dead, and have a ghost following you mostly every where.

But thankfully, Yoriichi had been spending more time with his twin brother, knowing Y/N needed their space with their fellow Slayer friends. Y/N appreciated the red-haired ghost a lot, happy to know he knew when they needed space, or when they would rather talk.

It had become a sort of routine for the two of them - if one was feeling off, they just kind of instinctually knew whether to back off and give space, or help either of them by talking to each other.

It was something that Y/N hadn't had with anyone - someone who knew them on an instinctual level.

The day started off rather nice, Y/N woke up early enough to get ready in their black-and-purple nagagi kimono, and then cook their own breakfast without any noise from others that were up early, like Kakushi. What they weren't expecting was for a Kakushi to peak their head into the kitchen, watch Y/N eat for a few second, then leave.

Only for their head to poke into the kitchen again.

"L/N Y/N?"

"Hmm?" Said person lifted an eyebrow at the questioning tone the Kakushi used.

"It really is you!" The Kakushi exclaimed, bringing their whole body into the room, arms flailing around, "I hadn't had the time to check up on you myself, so to see you healthy and doing well makes me happy!"

"...Who are you?" Y/N tried to not sound rude, but Kakushi's wore the exact same thing, there was no way they would know who this person is without their name.

"Oh, right," The Kakushi nodded, "You can't exactly recognise me with this outfit on. I'm Hayashi Yui, the one you saved during Final Selection."

A blink, and a flash of a hand demon, then a flash of Y/N saving someone during Final Selection.

"Oh," Another blink, "It's you? You went with becoming a Kakushi?"

"Yes, I find it more suited to me," The Kakushi now known as Hayashi responded, "It seems you've had quite the life since finishing Final Selection."