chapter 52

❝ this street i'm walking on is a minefield
like a dormant volcano, never know when it'll explode
never know when the calm winds will change
everyone lives hiding themselves like a sealed tornado. ❞

- maniac, stray kids.

[me: how do i put akaza into the swordsmith arc?also me: i could just

also me: i could just... not make him go? ...sounds reasonable.

in honour of me finally finishing my first year at uni and handing all my assignments in... have another chapter. :)]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Mitsuri had knocked on Y/N's door late morning, wanting to have lunch with them before they both left for the Swordsmith Village, knowing the both of them would want to soak in the hot springs up there before dinner.

Y/N let their bubbly friend in, a smile on their face when they saw the pink-and-green haired Hashira.

"I've just got to fix a few things," Y/N said whilst leading Mitsuri to the kitchen, "Feel free to eat or drink anything, Mitsuri-san."

"Of course!" Mitsuri exclaimed with a larger smile, watching as Y/N left to grab the last few things they need.

The sakura mochi-haired girl took a few ingredients out and started cooking some salmon daikon for the two of them.

"I hope Y/N-san likes this..." Mitsuri muttered to herself, humming a song that she had heard in town the other day whilst on her way back from patrol.

The Moon Hashira was currently in the room Akaza had deemed his when sleeping - the room where the windows were always shut and the curtains always drawn. They were trying to wake the demon up to let him know they were going, both having decided that it'd be best if he stayed in the estate, knowing nothing should happen whilst Y/N was at the Swordsmith Village.

Well, Akaza hoped as much.

Y/N was also going to get a check-up on their sword with Haganezuka to make sure the mechanics of their sword was still in good condition.

So both Akaza and Y/N thought it'd be better if Akaza were to stay in their estate whilst they sorted everything out.

"Akaza-kun..." Y/N whispered, shaking the demon for the umpteenth time in a minute. "Wake up."

It took a few more shakes for the demon to wake up with a groan, rubbing his eyes.

"I'll be going with Mitsuri-san soon, I've left some emergency blood bags in the bag Tamayo had gifted us," Y/N spoke slowly so the sleepy demon could take in what they were saying, "I trust you enough not to trash this estate, I've worked hard on it, especially the outside. You can use the back garden area to train if you get bored."