chapter 41

❝ my anxiety increases every time i survive,
the pressure from those around me closes in on me,
in those times i speed up and face whoever,
whatever blocks me will be fiercely shut down. ❞

- battleground, stray kids.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Y/N leaped off the ground, keeping on Tengen's right. Slicing up all the blood sickles that came towards them, whilst Tengen protected them from the left. Even while injured, Tengen's tenacity was unmatched.

With Tengen's breathing style, he was able to match up each attack he heard with a musical note, predicting where it would go. He analysed the demons' fight styles and adapted to how they fought and used what was necessary to kill them.

His breathing style always impressed Y/N, and it suited him well, for a flamboyant man like him.

"Ichi. San. Shichi. Go. I. Kin... I can read it, that filthy score of yours!"

Making sure they took the brunt of the slashes to ease up Tengen's stamina, knowing he would need it for the fight. Fighting of poison and missing an arm was no god damn joke, Y/N could sympathise because of the hole they had punctured in them a month ago.

Both the Hashira's jumped up and slammed their weapons against the ground where Gyuutaro stood, who dodged jumped against the side of a house.

"Don't give me this crap!" Gyuutaro yelled as he pushed himself off the house, charging straight towards the two Hashiras.

Y/N raised their sword up and dashed in front of Tengen, defending the both of them from the demon's attack, the impact causing dirt to fly up, and the fire to spread even more.

Being pushed back, Y/N jumped away as Tengen picked up from where they had jumped, not giving the green-haired demon time to think as they sped through the fiery and destroyed district, looking almost like they were gliding.

The h/c haired Hashira kept up with the demon and Tengen, trying to find an opening - it was beginning to look like the Mugen Train all over again, and Y/N was not going to allow what happened there, happen again.

Gyuutaro kicked Tengen away, throwing his blood slashes straight at the Hashira. Y/N was instantly in front of the slashes as the Sound Hashira slid on the ground.

"Moon Breathing, Fourth Form: Moon Spirit Calamitous Eddy."

Slicing through the air thrice, Y/N blocked the attacks. Multiple curved slashes layered over one another, creating a rising vortex of sword slashes and crescent moon blades.

Immediately after getting rid of the slashes, Y/N and Tengen met the green-haired demon halfway, the speed of their collision forcing them through the district, making houses collapse and even more fire to spread.