chapter 35

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ the fact that we've grown even further apart than we were makes me weary
because of my honesty, there is no relief, all that remains is regret. ❞

- sorry, i love you, stray kids.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Kagaya heard the familiar calls of a Kasugai Crow making him look up to the sky, and lifted a weak arm up for the crow to perch on. "Hmm, what is it Kazuha. Have you found them already?"

"They were together, Oyakata-sama." Kazuha relayed, "Y/N is alive and they are with Tamayo-san, as you suspected."

Kagaya smiled, "Good. We must keep it this way, perhaps there's a chance to turn the tide with this. Tengen is currently on the look out for an Upper Moon..."

"Oyakata-sama..." Kazuha murmured, "Are you asking Y/N-san to fight another Upper Moon so soon after they recover?"

Kagaya stroked the top of Kazuha's head, "No. I'm merely asking the demon that's with them to fight with Y/N."

-

Weeks went by, and the only thing that kept Akaza from going on a rampage was seeing Y/N's chest fall and rise with each breath they took. It had been nearly four weeks - a whole month - and there was no signs of them waking up. The wound that Akaza had made was healed nicely, thanks to Tamayo's extensive knowledge and expertise in medicine and healing; no one else would have been able to save them like she did.

Akaza would be forever grateful for Tamayo.

The fact he found her was a little bit of luck, and morals. Akaza had always somewhat known where Tamayo was hidden, but he never once showed that to Kibutsuji. He had strong morals; he had never eaten women, nor ever fought one, and he wasn't about to forego those morals for someone who (now that he had heard) understandably stood against Kibutsuji.

He was beginning to think the same.

How much could Akaza remember before becoming a demon? Nothing, if you were to ask. Sure, he habitually did things or knew things, like how he liked fireworks. or thieving, but he could never actually remember anything.

Why did he hate weak people so much? Why did he know martial arts?

Why did he even become a demon? Did he have a choice?

Akaza was starting to question things; not a good thing when you could be teleported in front of the Demon Lord himself at any moment.

The only thing that would make this situation any better was if Y/N was awake. They would help him, even if they didn't particular like demons, they always made sure they were impartial on Akaza's behalf so he would have some genuine advice... Which was weird when they were younger - taking advice from a child. But how old were they now? 18?