chapter 20.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ sleep; close your eyes,
the eternal oasis welcomes the lonely wanderer,
lay upon the pure and flowing streams;
for here, memories are forever sweet and pure. ❞

- the temple where sand flows like tears, genshin impact.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

The snow had finally settled itself on the ground, never leaving – the cold air biting cold. Y/N was wrapped up in their usual black and purple nagagi kimono. They had just gotten back from a mission and decided to sit on the engawa, a cup of hot steaming tea beside them, reading. They were looking over the garden in their estate. Since the h/c haired had gotten their estate, they had begun to plant a plethora of flowers as a little hobby to pass the time. 

There were some Arborvitae trees surround as a sort of wall, with some Cherry Blossoms behind them, encasing the area with pink leaves falling from the trees, quite a few wisteria trees had been planted, courtesy of Kagaya. A medium-sized pond was in the middle of garden, a few flower-like lamps were resting on the water. There were some Red Carmellia's scattered around the area – Kyojurou had gifted the flowers to Y/N as a courting gift (not that they had realised). There were some daisies and some forget-me-nots, along with hydrangeas and a few hyssops. Some lily of the valleys were plant along the concrete path that lead to the entrance.

Y/N was quite proud of the garden they had created. They silently leaned back on their hands and admired the view of the garden for a second. The Moon Pillar took a deep breath, their lips lifted at the ends slightly and got back to their book – the one they had started in Shinobu's library and hadn't been able to get back to since they had first read it. They were now onto the last few chapters of the book – the traveller had made it to the land of Wisdom. Y/N hummed as they read, wondering how the Traveller had sacrificed so much to find their twin, would the h/c haired do the same for the people in their life?

Most definitely.

Y/N was sat reading for quite a while, calmed by the sound of the wind and the trees rustling, the cup of tea now finished. Just as they were about to start another chapter, they heard a squawk from up high.

They marked the book before putting it down, looking at Kazuha who settled himself next to Y/N.

"The Master wishes to see L/N Y/N!" Kazuha spoke, his voice ever the softest.

Y/N scratched the top of Kazuha's head, making him croon affectionately, "Thank you Kazuha. I will make my way there now, just let me get changed,"

The crow nodded his head and sat waiting for his Pillar.

Y/N didn't take long and soon they were on their way to the Demon Slayer Headquarters. They both talked about what they had been up to – Kazuha had found a friend apparently, and Y/N spoke on how they needed to respond to the Kamado's family's last letter – they hadn't found the time just yet.