chapter 71

❝ begin overflowing with endless anxiety,
grab a scramble of hope
the world turns
the moon laughs. ❞

- long night (world mix), miyavi ft. sonita alizadeh.

 sonita alizadeh

[ ... 500k. i have no words other than you guys are absolutely phenomenal, and i appreciate every single one of my readers. i never thought my fun little fanfic would get this much attention.

now that we're getting into the last arc, i hope you guys are ready. there's A LOT to unpack, so grab your tissues and enjoy. ]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

A cough ripped out of Y/N's throat, the dust from the debris so thick it was if they were swallowing sand. Yet, they had no time to think about anything other than the task ahead; not whether any of the others were alive. Not if they were able to leave, or where they had landed. Or even Akaza or Kokushibo.

Shaking their head, they stood up and immediately ran forward towards Muzan. Sword tightly gripped in hand with Mitsuri on their right and Giyuu on their left.

"Moon Breathing, First Form: Dark Moon, Evening Palace."

Y/N's blade sliced through his right arm, only for the cut to instantaneously heal.

"HUH?! WHAH?! I thought we cut him!"

"He regenerates as fast as we cut him!" Y/N only yelled back, aiming their sword towards Muzan's neck again.

Not noticing the bone-spiked flail coming towards them until it was too late, they jumped back as fast as they could, raising their blade towards it.

Only for it not to hit them.

Warm, hot-red fresh blood splattered onto their clothes.

Onto their skin.

Their blade.

"CHARGE!! GET IN FRONT!! FORM A WALL OF BODIES TO PROTECT THE HASHIRA!! DEFEND ANY SWORDSMAN WITH A CHANCE OF HARMING MUZAN!!"

Y/N felt their e/c eyes wobble, blurring slightly as another body basically teleported in front of them, more blood dripping in front of them.

The blood of their allies; their comrades.

... Protecting them.

"HOW MANY TIMES HAVE THE HASHIRA SAVED US?! IF IT WEREN'T FOR THEM, WE'D HAVE DIED A LONG TIME AGO!!"

"DON'T HOLD BACK! FIGHT!!"

Y/N took less than a second to take a deep breath, calming their racing heart; as much as it hurt. As much as it pained them, the feeling akin to their own blade digging into their own heart, they couldn't give up; they had to keep going, so their deaths weren't in vain.