chapter 51

❝ when the sun loves the moon
even the ocean feels her pull
oh, and the stars align every night
to spell out their love in tiny bright lights. ❞

- when the sun loves the moon, reinaeiry.

[(MP/N) is mispronounced name

[(MP/N) is mispronounced name... you can guess who that is.]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Y/N was just practicing some of their Moon Breathing techniques more - trying to get faster - when a crow told them that Inosuke had once again gone missing in the Butterfly Estate and the butterfly girls needed their help.

This was the third time this week.

It was Wednesday.

9:48am.

Y/N ought to smack his head the next time they see him.

Yet, the h/c haired still went ahead and made their way to the Butterfly Estate, wanting to see Tanjiro again as they hadn't gone to see him for a while, since they had been busy with training Inosuke and Zenitsu, along with doing their patrol around their area, not to mention their impromptu meet with Kokushibo.

They hadn't been able to go back and finish off reading the book they had started.

But as soon as they stepped foot in the Butterfly Estate, they were whisked away by the Butterfly triplets as the three explained Inosuke going missing again.

The same shit, a different day.

After the triplets had finished, Y/N made their way around the estate for an hour or so before deciding to just go to Tanjiro's room. Inosuke would appear sooner or later for food, either way.

Except, when they got to Tanjiro's room, a body was blocking the door.

"Kanao-san?" Y/N questioned to tsugoko in front of them.

Peering into the room, Y/N saw Tanjiro's red eyes gaze upwards towards the ceiling.

Now Y/N was in the same predicament as Kanao - eyes widen, mouth forming an 'o'.

"Where... am I?"

Y/N and Kanao unfroze at his voice and went to his side - Y/N on his left, and Kanao on his right.

"Are you okay?" Kanao asked frantically, her two hands leaning on the bed.

Y/N gently held Tanjiro's left hand, "You've been in a coma for two months ever since the battle, Tanjiro-kun."

Tanjiro moved his head the tiniest bit to look at Y/N, "Is that right?"

His voice was so rough and weak. Y/N wanted to go and get him some water, but the urge to stay with him was much stronger, hoping maybe Gotou would come quickly with his food.