chapter 72

❝ once you play god
they're gunna crumble one by one
then we gonna ride right into the sun
like it's the day my kingdom come. ❞

- gods, new jeans.

[ i have calculated

[ i have calculated. there are approximately... 3 chapters left, excluding the epilogue. :) ]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

"OBANAI!"

Y/N barely had any time to register after seeing Muichiro and Genya, that Muzan sent a spine towards Obanai, his blade turning a beautiful bright red.

They let out of a breath of relief when they saw Obanai had managed to dodge Muzan's attack, but the slight sound of flesh cutting. Looking over, the h/c haired eyes widened upon seeing Muzan's arm being cut clean - not very cleanly, the ends jagged - off.

There was only one person who had blades that could do that sort of damage.

It wasn't even a moment after that Muzan sent out multiple attacks, causing Kanao, Inosuke and Zenitsu to all become visible.

"You guys are still alive?!" They heard Gyomei yell, slightly fabberghasted - which, if not for the situation at hand, Y/N would've snorted.

"Of course I wouldn't die! Besides, I've got tons of these papers!"

Y/N grabbed one of the papers that had fallen to the ground as they ran around the area. In tandem with Obanai, they glided across the ground towards Muzan.

"Moon Breathing, Tenth Form: Catastrophe, Tenman Crescent Moon."

Throwing themself forward, Y/N's blade cut through Muzan's other arm, just as Obanai cut off his left arm.

Narrowing their e/c eyes at Muzan's hearts in his body, Y/N scoffed, tightening the grip on their blade and parted their feet.

An idea popped into their head, and whilst Kanao and Zenitsu went towards Muzan, Y/N ran towards a certain Mist Hashira, calling his name out.

"Muichiro! Sword!"

With a confused look, Muichiro held out his sword just in time for Y/N's to raise theirs and swing it towards his and slam it against it.

Not even a moment later, the scent of burning and heat emitted from both the blades, slowly turning a bright, crimson red.

Y/N smiled at Muichiro who just stared in shock and nodded at them.

They turned around and ran straight towards Muzan, just as Gyomei threw his weapon at Muzan, as well.

"Moon Breathing, Thirteenth Form: Moonflower's Longing."

Swinging their blade once at towards Muzan's front, right at the heart that was currently in his neck.

"Moon Breathing, Second Form: Pearl Flower Moongazing."