chapter 34.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ my heart, i never be, i never see, i never know,
oh, heart, and then it falls, and then i fall, and then i know. ❞

- genesis, grimes.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Tamayo worked tirelessly into the day, into the night. Into the next day, and into the next. Patching up every single last bit that threatened the Slayer's life.

As she worked, she looked carefully at them. They resembled someone close to what the red-haired boy she met - with his demon sister – had described. Yet the questioned remained; how did they end up in this state, and what brought Akaza – the Upper Moon Three, who was loyal to Kibutsuji Muzan, to bring the human here?

Said demon hadn't moved from his spot on the chair, the sun burns healed ages ago – thankfully they weren't so bad, due to finding the cloth to cover him before being too exposed. Akaza never took his eyes off the human, barely ever blinking.

It wasn't until two days after, did Tamayo finish working. She had Yushiro keep an eye on anyone who would interrupt her, and he took his job very seriously once he saw the state the human Akaza had brought (and also because Lady Tamayo had specifically asked him to do the job).

While he loathed the Upper Moon, he would always prioritise human lives – just as Lady Tamayo taught him.

"You need to eat at some point." Tamayo whispered to the pink-haired, who only continued to stare at the unconscious h/c haired Slayer on the bed, wrapped in bandages.

Akaza stayed silent, not even glancing in her direction.

Tamayo sighed, and walked out of the room. Akaza's shoulders sagged as if the weight of the world had just been lifted off his shoulders. They would live, Y/N would live. That's all that mattered.

The pink-haired demon didn't even feel hungry, even after not eating for a whole two days. Every time he felt even a sliver of hunger, his head would immediately bring back the image of Y/N standing in front of his, his arm going through their stomach.

It made him sick to his stomach. He knew if he were a human, he would have been puking his guts out by now.

How had he not seen them? How did he not once look over and see them?

The sound of the door opening again, then the smell of blood. Akaza could feel the ravenous hunger come back in full swing.

"This blood is from a hospital nearby, we live off of blood like this so we don't have to hurt humans." Tamayo explained gently, standing next to him. "I thought'd you prefer this, it's a man's blood."

Akaza looked up at the woman. The one who helped him; he who was one of Kibutsuji Muzan's most loyal subjects, with a dying Slayer he had hurt. Yet, she wasted in no time to help Akaza or Y/N.