73

Born in the army, land and water are parallel, in the era without high-speed trains and planes, the imperial court received the news that Ningwei had arrived in Jiangzhou in just a few days.

The second-rank official was slaughtered in the court, and General Ning, who had been guarding the frontier for many years, ransacked his house himself. What Xi Ye did in the Palace of Political Affairs could not be concealed at all, and spread quickly, not only in the capital, but also outside the capital.

For the people, especially the people in Jiangzhou, they can't empathize with the trembling of the ministers when they go to court every day. They only know that a corrupt official has been sacked, and the money obtained from the ransacking is exchanged for rice so that they can have food.

With Ning Wei in charge, and the sword that the little emperor used to kill the Minister of the Household Department was still hanging on his waist, no matter how difficult the local snake was, he had to weigh his own life and dare not be too stumbling.

Gradually, the people who survived the relief from the court, after the situation in Jiangzhou improved day by day, began to spontaneously offer eternal lamps for General Ning Weining and His Majesty today, and some even brought Gu Cong's name along the way:

Regardless of his male or female background, as long as the little emperor can have a little compassion for Jiangzhou and the world, they are all willing to be the servants of his natal family, and they wish these two can continue to love each other forever.

And on the thirteenth day after Ningwei arrived in Jiangzhou, the sun that had been vicious for several months was finally covered by dark clouds, and it rained.

When Xi Jinyu heard the news, he almost crushed the teacup in his hand.

He didn't grasp such an opportunity to win the hearts of the people, and let the wanton murderous tyrant take advantage of it for nothing. The situation in the palace was not optimistic. Pei Yi completely fell out of favor. Not to mention continuing to drug Xi Ye, it was difficult to even meet him, and even aroused the vigilance of his cheap cousin.

The poison he gave was absolutely fine, it was colorless and tasteless, and it could only be Pei Yi's own fault for revealing his secrets. He was slowed down in such an important link, even though Xi Jinyu was always lenient to Pei on weekdays, at this moment, he was also a little bit angry.

The staff at the bottom were cautious: "My lord, don't worry, the tyrant is fatuous. General Ning is only obedient if he is anxious to rescue disasters. He may not really be on the side of the tyrant."

"It's the worst case scenario, we still have General Xue to fight for."

General Xue, Xue Hai, the commander of the imperial army, is responsible for guarding the safety of the capital and the imperial city. He has an upright personality and is extremely difficult to please, but he has a fatal weakness, his daughter.

This daughter is the only blood left by his original wife who was weak and died prematurely. Xue Hai has always loved and doted on her. It just so happens that Miss Xue, who has been wielding guns and sticks since she was a child, is pleasing to their princes.

To be honest, Xi Jinyu doesn't really have any special preference for women, elegant and lively ones, to him, are just tools for combining interests.

But with Xue Hai's love and affection for his daughter, if he wants to marry someone into the family, he must give him the position of main wife and Concubine An. The Chen Dynasty emphasizes civility over military affairs, and the daughter of a forbidden army commander is fine with an idle prince.