115

The pain oozing out from the cracks in the bones seemed to tear him apart, intermittently and endlessly.

In a daze, Xi Ye thought that he would break through the shackles and become a human again.

but none.

The curtains in the bedroom were forgot to be drawn, and when Xi Ye opened his eyes again, the sky had just turned pale, and the whole cat was warm. He looked around, only to find that he was surrounded by brilliant fur.

It seems to be a tail.

Looking back, there were also large patches of gold. He was lying in the opponent's arms, the place closest to his chest, his ears were erected, and he could even hear his heart beating.

...Gu Cong?

The sleeping large dog breathes steadily, quietly exuding a docile and harmless aura, but Xi Ye always feels that, given the other party's personality and style, it should be a more dangerous animal.

But Gu Cong was indeed loyal.

Without doubting too much, Xi Ye wanted to stand up while the painful soreness receded and his limbs regained consciousness. The next second, he was pushed back by his front paws that were taller than he was standing upright.

The seemingly light movement caused Xi Ye's whole cat to fall back into the opponent's arms uncontrollably. The eyelids were lifted to reveal amber eyes. Gu Cong looked at the round green pupils of the silver-white cat: "Are you awake?"

Xi Ye: ...

It's strange how a golden retriever speaks human language.

"Don't know me?" With his front paws forceful, Gu Cong fished the cat deeper into his embrace, "Smell, sniff, it's exactly the same."

The shower gel in the bathroom was lemon-scented, and Xi Ye's entire face was buried in the soft and dense fluff, and he struggled a few times before showing his head again.

"Sorry, it hasn't changed for a long time, I can't grasp the strength." Apart from the long and fluffy tail, Xi Ye's body is actually very petite, at least for Gu Cong.

Although he was not sure whether the other party could really understand, he still explained seriously: "You were sick last night, are you still feeling uncomfortable now?"

I didn't mention illegal drugs and hospitals, because in Gu Cong's view, these are too complicated for the little cat. Even if the other party is really an experimental subject who escaped from some underground research institute, it is difficult to express valuable clues such as address, personnel, and target.

Not to mention, the most important thing is the cat itself.

As described in the original book, the new drug Xi Tianhua injected into Trumpet contains unstable ingredients, which can be digested and excreted only by the body's own metabolism.

It just takes a little longer.

Taking a closer look at his current situation, Xi Ye shook his head.

"That's good." Gu Cong looked at the sky, seeing that the silver-white cat was indeed behaving the same as usual, "It's still early, do you want to sleep a little longer?"

Xi Ye shook his head again.

The quality of sleep was too poor. In a short period of time, he wanted to stay awake and wait for the trumpet's symptoms to flare up.

With dry mouth and tongue, Xi Ye pushed his front paws on his body, and planned to go to the kitchen to find some water to drink. Unexpectedly, as soon as he stood up straight, his limbs felt sore and weak after bearing most of the weight, and he staggered and fell down.