147

One step, two steps... The moment he lifted his foot again, suddenly, Gu Cong felt the invisible air around him become solid, squeezing him inward and violently, almost crushing him completely.

Fortunately, the body made of wood and stone was far harder than flesh and blood, his brain was buzzing, and he couldn't hear what the system in the sea of ​​consciousness was saying, and he only thought mechanically that he wanted to take Xi Ye down the mountain.

The five fingers firmly grasped the cold and slippery hand of the young man, and Gu Cong could even smell the scorching smell of corroded flesh at the tip of his nose, but he didn't feel the slightest bit of fear in his heart, instead, he felt some sour pain.

It turns out that even as strong as Xi Ye, there will be times when he is afraid and wants to escape.

Not daring to relax for a moment, he gritted his teeth against the transparent barrier, as if trying to break through an overly tough bubble, and finally, like a prey spit out by a giant slime, with a crisp sound of "Bo", the weight surrounding him suddenly disappeared. Gu Cong vacated uncontrollably.

It was also the loss of control at this moment that caused the young man in the barrier to be dragged back a few inches.

But soon, Gu Cong came back to his senses, and once again firmly grasped the fingertips that had almost slipped from his palm, and used the agility that he had practiced during this period of time, he turned around in the air and firmly used it as a flesh pad.

"Shhh-"

As if being bitten fiercely by a greedy giant mouth, the hem of the robe of the strange fairy in white was torn out of thin air, and then fell softly into Gu Cong's arms.

A strong smell of blood hits the face.

"Xi Ye? Xi Ye?" Anxiously, Gu Cong called twice, but got no response.

The warm sunlight shines through the dense mottled leaves, they are still in the mountains, but they have obviously changed the world.

Eager to check the wounds on the young man, Gu Cong was finally willing to let go of his numb and stiff fingers. When he lifted them up, he realized that at some point, under his sleeve, his right hand to his forearm had already turned into a piece of dead wood with pits and jade embedded in it.

Unnoticeably, Xi Ye's breathing slowed down by half a beat.

He is actually awake.

But he was a little annoyed, annoyed that he came back with his memory, and he didn't do as well as last time.

At least last time, Gu Cong didn't see his ugliest appearance.

"Xi Ye." After a moment's distraction, the other party called his name again, and with the scorched wooden knuckles, he brushed away his drooping hair.

The fine blood holes disappeared without a trace, the neck was slender, except for the pale complexion, there was no abnormality, including the clothes, all intact.

However, the wet and bright red under Gu Cong's palm is so real.

Just when he was about to untie Xi Ye's collar to see if Xi Ye had any other injuries, the young man lying in his arms suddenly moved.

Like an electric shock, Gu Cong shrank his hand back.

"Is there any special pain? You have lost a lot of blood." The young man who was pressing him was thin and light as paper. Gu Cong didn't dare to move, and his voice also lowered and softened.

The Yixian who was questioned only shook his head very slightly.

He didn't seem to have much strength, he didn't say a word, let alone staring at Gu Cong, his face was always lowered, as if he wanted to hide himself quietly.