Ch a p t e r E l e v e n

The Tsarina and Grand Duchess Maria 1912 on the Standart

September 1912
I sat in the small pairs infirmary searching and waiting until I heard a scream. "How dare you!". I opened the door to see Maria's dress stained with a red color as she ran around chasing Anastasia. I laughed at the prank the she did. Alexei was currently being treated for one of his episodes. From what I concluded was that Alexei was the real Tsar of the palace. The mood and day depended of he was feeling well. Today he wasn't so Anastasia was more evil then usual to distract everyone.

I was in the infirmary looking for my diary and two ladies in waiting were helping me. One of them being Anfisa. I sighed frustrated. Today Tsar Nicholas's Mother was coming, Maria Feodorovna. It wasn't going well since Alexei was sick and Rasputin was "curing" him right now. Anastasia was fooling around and I have a session with Rasputin after he is done. To be honest I am nervous. I don't know what Rasputin can do. I hope that guards or ladies in waiting will be there to watch over me. I looked under the mattress of my bed and saw a pocket. In that pocket was a book that read 1912. I opened it and saw my name.

"I found it!"I exclaimed as the ladies stopped looking. The ladies in waiting took me outside and I sat on a bench while the Grand Duchesses painted. I opened it and saw a photograph sticking out. I pulled it out and it was a picture of Grandmama, Auntie Helen, and me in front of our Arizona home. The picture was black and white and when I turned around it read:

Arizona, Ivy Springs 2018

My eyes grew wide and watery. I felt a tear go down my cheek. I didn't know what anything meant anymore. The angel was real and I'm not schizophrenic. A wave of both sadness and relief washed over. "Valentina are you ok?" I heard Tatiana yell out. I nodded my head and put the picture in the diary as Tatiana came and sat next to me. "What is wrong darling? Why are you crying?"She asked sympathetically. She wrapped her arms sound me and gave me a hug, my muscles tensed up. She rested her head against my shoulder, "Don't  worry darling Vanya. Everything will get better soon.".

We sat in still as Olga told us to, so she could paint us. We sat still and occasionally Tatiana would say something and I would laugh and Olga would scold us. "Just adding the finishing touches."Olga said looking at her work proudly. "Valentina, Father Grigori is ready."Anfisa said. I sighed and stood up. Tatiana let go of me and I left holding my diary close to my chest.

I went to the infirmary and put my diary away and Anfisa walked me to a small chapel inside the palace. She opened the door for me and inside stood Rasputin in priest robes praying in front of mother Mary. I step in and Anfisa almost closed the door behind me before I stoped her."Anfisa please stay."I begged. "I'm sorry Vanya but I have strict orders from the Tsarina to leave you two alone."she stated closing the door.

I turned at saw Rasputin standing in the middle near the baptism fountain staring straight at me. "Don't be upset my dear we will have a good time."Rasputin grinned. I nodded nervously. We first started to pray and do rituals. I said my prayers and Rasputin even held mass. "Valentina Nikolaevna, we will be baptizing you again. "W-What?"I stuttered confused. He told me to step into the fountain. I did what he said frightened of what he might do to me. I took off my shoes and stepped in getting the bottom of my dress wet. He told me to get on my knees. At this point the water was up to my waist. I felt his cold hand touch my neck, goosebumps erupted and when I turned around to see what he was doing he ducked me under water.

I didn't hold my breath and felt all the water go to my lungs. I squirmed trying to lift my self up. I couldn't breathe. I felt my self getting pulled up. I frantically started coughing and water was dripping from all over my face. I tried to open my eyes but couldn't and before anything I felt my self being ducked under water again. I tried as hard as I could to get out of it but Rasputin's grip was too strong. I was regretfully thinking that I was dying as my vision slowly turned black.

***
When I opened my eyes I was on the ground. I stood up and saw myself. I looked around and saw that I was playing with a very young Grand Duchess Maria. Then I saw a lady in waiting call us. "We are coming Shura!"little me yelled out as she chased Marie inside. I followed them and noticed that no one could see me. I saw Rasputin waiting with the other Grand Duchesses (that looked very young)and the Tsarina.

"Come in girls greet Father Grigori."the Tsarina ordered. Marie went first and gave him a hug. Little me did the same but he did something disgusting. I wanted to throw up. He touched her chest area. I looked over and Mama didn't noticed because she was scolding Anastasia. Olga was talking to Marie but I saw as Tatiana was staring straight at Rasputin as he was doing it. And from the corner of my eye I saw the Angel from my earlier dream in the distance with a saddened look on her face.
***
A/N
Posted again this week and I'd like to thank everyone that is reading this story. I'm trying my hardest on it. Thank you everyone who read, voted, and added my story to their reading lists I really appreciate it.❤️