C h a p t e r T h i r t y - N i n e

Photo: Alexei, Ileana of Romania , and Nicholas of Romania 1914

June 1914
I was in the Livadia palace courtyard but it seemed foggy as if it was in a dream like state, empty. My anxiety started to rise as I searched for the bloody angel. I saw a figure standing in the distance, she was alone and very recognizable, it was countess Irina, from Tatiana's ball. I quickly walked over to her. She stood as if she was waiting for me, "Nice to see you again, Valentina"

"I know that you are in my head"I muttered. She just kept smiling at me. "Are you not going to inform them about the revolution?"she asked me. "I need time, I need the First World War so I can have Tatiana on my side."I explained. "What about the picture from the future?"she questioned. "I don't think that she will believe me" I confessed. Then I thought about it, "Wait, let me ask you the questions." Countess Irina stayed silent as I questioned her, "Firstly, why can I see you?, two, why do I keep seeing that bloody angel?, three, what happened to the good angel?, four, why do I have that photo?" I hoped that she knew who I was talking about since I was the only one who could see her and the angels.

Irina stayed silent then she slowly spoke, "I am that Angel, I am not in my actual form so that other 'bloody Angel' as you call it, can not sense my presence. So I physically transfer to look like this. I am your guardian angel so you are the only one to see me. The bloody angel that follows you around is the physical embodiment of pain and sorrow. It follows you because it is trying to prevent you from completing your goals, it is trying to get you to fail."

It was starting to make sense, her green eyes, her brown hair. She was my guardian Angel. I felt my self calm down knowing I was safe from the evil angel. "Why do I have this photo? Why is the evil angel following me out of all people? Why was I transferred back to 1912?"I asked repetitively.

"I gave you the photograph for comfort because I know you miss your old family deep down, your poor grandmother filled with grief and your level headed Aunt. You were never meant to be born in the 21st century. It was an error when evil invaded the timeline. It is following you especially because the Romanovs were always meant to saved but evil formed set backs, like the execution. We tried to fix everything and brought you to help your real family."

She paused for a second and continued, "Evil is particularly trying to get you to fail because evil always tries to hurt the good people and disturb their peace, like your family. Yes, they have made mistakes but every human does this. They have followed the righteous path of their religion and showed themselves as humble and pure in heart. So a second chance was given."

"I have many more questions"I confess. She chuckles at me, "Valentina, I am just a vision in your head. I can't answer all of your questions, I don't event know all the answers myself. I just know the information that I was provided by whoever is upstairs. Just remember this, you are their second chance Valentina, don't forget that." When I turned around she was gone and so was the courtyard of Livadia.

***

I opened my eyes but my vision was blurred from brightness of the place I was in. "She has woken up!" I heard the familiar voice of Lili. I rubbed my eyes and finally saw my surroundings. I was in an unfamiliar room with cream colored walls. I felt pillows underneath my head and internally sighed, I was 'sick' again. I started to tense up looking around to see if the bad angel was around. "Where am I? Where is my family?"I asked while trying to sit up. "Don't do that Vanya, lay back down." Lili ordered. She took a cloth soak with cold water and put it on my forehead.

"The meeting continued without you. The public is not to know that anything bad has happened. Your family and the Romanian royal family went to a parade they had to attend, otherwise they would be with you. Your poor sisters were so worried and almost argued with your mother that they insisted on staying."she explained pressing the cloth against my forehead, it stung in one area but it also felt nice. "There is a doctor that will come to me?"I asked.