CHAPTER 8

A/N: Noel in the picture above.
*****************************************

The days rolled over one another with little to no incidents. There had been little trouble from Charles and his gang mostly due to Jayden's subtle threats. Samuel, as usual, had continued to pester the hell out of Jayden and Noel just buried his nose further into his books.

Before anyone could realize, the visiting day had suddenly arrived and the students of Lumière heralded the long-awaited day with excitement.

It was a windy Saturday morning and just after breakfast, limousines and many other fancy cars could be sighted making their way along the long winding drive to the houses.

Before noon, the car parks were full to bursting, and some cars had spilled over to the yards and forecourts of the school.

Students milled about the school campus with their family as they regaled them with tales of their stay whiles others sat in the shady covers of trees and gazebos as they ate with their family and listened to the tidings from home.

Jayden was holed up in his room with his earphones firmly plugged in and the music turned to full volume when a pounding resounded from his closed door. The knock came again and when there was no response from him, the door simply swung open to reveal an annoyed Noel.

Jayden looked up and pulled his earphones out.

'There's a uniformed man at the door for you,' Noel grumbled before stomping off.

Jayden watched him go as he wondered what the hell was up with him. He sat there for a moment before getting up with a sigh.

He glanced at Noel as he passed by. 'When are your folks coming?'

'They're not,' Noel muttered shortly, not turning his face from the thick tome underneath it.

He stared at him for a moment before walking to the door. He stepped out and came face to face with Henry, his mother's chauffeur.

'Good afternoon, sir. I've been instructed to take you downstairs, your mother is waiting.'

Jayden nodded and followed him along the corridor and into the elevators. They rode the elevators in silence for a while before Henry spoke up.

'If I may ask sir, how are you finding the school?'

Jayden shrugged. 'It's fine.'

Henry nodded and the elevator pinged open. They strode across the lounge, out the lobby, and into the sunlit courtyard. Henry led them beyond the courtyard and pass a row of trees. They walked along a wooded path coming to stop before a row of open huts.

'Thank you, Henry.' Jayden's mother said. She sat in one of the open huts and in her black designer suit and perfectly coiffed hair, she seemed to have come directly from a high-level executive meeting.

Jayden took a seat in front of her. 'Hello, mother.'

'How have you been, darling? You look thin, have you been eating properly?'

He rolled his eyes. 'I can ask the same about you.'

'Don't be coy, Jayden. It's unbecoming.'

Jayden rolled his eyes again but before he could retort, a team of waiters swooped in and began to set the table moving smoothly and quickly. They finished as suddenly as they appeared and stood to the side to await further orders.

'Really, mother?'

'What?' his mother replied, placing a napkin daintily on her lap. 'I thought we could have a small picnic and catch up.'