CHAPTER 12

They spent the entire day shopping and by noon, their arms were already laden with shopping bags.

Jayden wore a pair of dark designer sunglasses, which he had purchased earlier. Dressed in all black, the black sunglasses matched perfectly with his Nike hoodie, jeans and sneakers.

Noel had also bought a pair of white designer sunglasses, which were currently perched on top of his head.

'Can we leave now?' he whined.

Jayden glanced at him incredulously. 'Leave? We haven't even bought the main thing we came here for?'

'So why did we have to walk around to buy all this?' Noel complained, raising his arms to show the heavy bags on them.

'Don't act as if you didn't like them. Now stop complaining and come on. Time for the main act.'

He ushered them onto an elevator, taking it to the topmost floor. Stepping out, he led them into a large shop where a pretty woman greeted them at the door.

'Welcome! Here at La Marie, we offer you the best clothes from the topmost brands all over the world. How can I be of assistance?'

Jayden waved her off and began to look around. It appeared that they weren't the only ones who had the same idea. The store was packed with students from Lumière who were browsing the displays looking for the right outfit.

He dragged Noel to a secluded section and begun browsing through the clothes on the rack.

'Here,' he said, throwing a couple of tuxedos to him. 'Go try them on.'

He threw himself down on the couch in front of the elegant dressing room and waited patiently whiles Noel stepped into the dressing room to change.

'Jayden, I'm not so sure about this.'

'You'd be fine. Just try them on.'

A waiter approached him and offered him a glass of sparkling champagne.

'I don't think it looks right,' Noel called out.

'Let me see.'

Another waiter came by. 'Hor d'oeurves?'

Jayden took one and proceeded to munch on it as Noel stepped out of the dressing room.'

Jayden took one look at him and shook his head. 'Too tacky. Try the next one.'

It went on like this for a while with Jayden lying on the couch, disapproving or approving of the tuxedos that Noel modelled before him.

After a while, they were down to three choices.

'The Armani fits me perfectly but the Versace is sleek. Also, the Luis Vuitton is white which seems appropriate since it's a Christmas ball but I dunno. What do you think?'

'Why don't you get all three then?' Jayden replied in a tired voice. They had been at this for a while.

'I can't get all three!'

Jayden sighed. 'Why not?'

'They are too expensive!' he exclaimed. 'The Armani is twenty-two thousand pounds, the Versace is forty thousand euros and the Vuitton is fifty thousand dollars!'

Jayden sighed and stood up. 'Do you want to know the secret to shopping?' he asked, gathering the clothes in his arms. 'There's no point looking at the price.'

He handed them over to the sales assistant and moved along to another section of the shop.

Noel followed behind him, stuttering in protest. 'I can't let you spend that much money on me!'