CHAPTER 14

Jayden started when the door suddenly banged open. He had been engrossed in his book and looked up in surprise to see a tearful Noel rush past him and into his room, swinging the door shut and locking himself in.

Jayden blinked in surprise for a couple of seconds before turning to glance at the clock. It was twenty minutes to midnight and he had not been expecting him back until long after that.

He got up and made his way to Noel's door. He knocked softly and waited patiently for a response but all he could make out were the faint muffled sounds of someone crying.

He took a step back and studied the door as his mind worked furiously trying to figure out what to do. He went back to his seat on the couch and picked up his book deciding to give him some time.

After two hours, he tossed the book on the couch and stood up. He had had enough. Noel was still locked up in his room, refusing to open the door and Jayden was done waiting. He was going to get to the bottom of this whole mess.

He left their dorm and made his way out of the Sand. He made his way across the common lawn and into a building. He walked through the lobby, past the lounge and straight into an elevator.

He got off the elevator and walked along the corridor before coming to stop at a door. He knocked sharply and waited impatiently for it to be answered.

The door swung open to reveal a haggard Samuel. He was still dressed in his clothes though he had tossed the jacket aside and had rolled up the sleeves to his elbow and unbuttoned the top buttons, leaving the upper part of his chest bare.

He looked up at Jayden with surprise in his tired eyes. 'What the-'

Jayden dragged him out by the collar and shoved him against the wall with a surprising amount of strength considering he was smaller than him.

'Speak.'

Samuel's eyes widened at the attack. He glanced down at the hand pressing his chest with something akin to amusement knowing he could easily rip it off.

'Whoa, calm down buddy. Take it easy.'

Jayden's eyes narrowed dangerously. He removed his hand from his chest and curled it around his neck with his sharp nails pressing down dangerously close to his jugular.

'I won't ask again.'

Samuel gulped at the coldness in his tone. He was more than smart enough to recognize the threat he was in.

'Okay, okay. Calm down. What do you want to know?'

'What happened?'

Samuel knew what he meant. He let out a deep sigh. 'Is he alright?'

Jayden's grip tightened.

'Alright, alright. We got to the ball and everyone was happy. We met with our dates and we left Noel with his as we danced with ours. I lost sight of him for an hour or so then I met him at the outdoor bar getting drinks for them both.

'He seemed fine then and I managed to convince them to join me and my friends for a couple of games. He seemed reluctant at first but I dragged him over and he settled in alright. He even had fun, he was laughing and teasing with the rest of us.

'Everything was fine until Valentina spun the bottle and it landed on Charles. She thought for a few seconds before daring Charles to kiss Noel.'

Jayden blinked.

'Of course, he naturally refused and we all teased him until he was red with anger. He slammed his fist on the table and shot to his feet, marching up to Noel with fists clenched. I thought he was going to hit him, we all did so I shot to my feet to try and stop him but...'