CHAPTER 50

A/N: Jayden in the picture above. Simp in peace :))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day of the school fair arrived quickly, and Lumière International School was bustling with parents, students and visitors alike. Other schools had also been invited and among the royal blue of Lumière, the crimson red of their rival school, Leonare Academy, could be seen.

Leo wrinkled his nose in distaste as he walked with Cam through the booths. 'Why did the headmistress have to invite the filthy lions?' he complained loudly as a few of them walked past.

They heard him and shot him a mocking grin before walking away with an imperious stride. Leo stuck at out his tongue at them before cursing with a few colourful words. He had not forgiven them for defeating Lumière in the previous championship game.

Cam nudged him absent-mindedly. 'Be nice.'

'Why should I? They are a bunch of snobbish entitled rich brats.'

'In case you haven't noticed, so is Lumière,' Cam pointed out tiredly.

Leo glanced disbelievingly at him and took a few steps back. 'You traitor!'

Cam rolled his eyes at him. 'Come on, we need to meet up with the others.'

Their way was suddenly blocked by a wall of red. 'Well, well, if it isn't Ferrars. Didn't expect to see you again after we kicked your ass. Tell me, what is the view from the bottom like?'

'Griffin,' Leo spat as he glared at the mocking sneer on the handsome face of the captain of the Leonare soccer team.

Griffin shook his head in disappointment. 'Now is that any way to talk to your superiors.'

Leo stepped forward with his fists clenched but Cam stepped between them. 'Enough.' He glanced at Griffin. 'If you have nothing better to say then could you please leave.'

Griffin stared at Cam for some time before shrugging and turning away. 'Let's go guys. He is not worth it anyway.'

Leo stared after his retreating back in anger. 'The only reason you won that game in the first place was because you cheated. If we had played in Lumière there is no way your sorry ass would have won.'

Griffin's steps paused. He turned back as he raised an eyebrow in a challenge. 'Do you want to test that theory?'

'We could have a rematch right now.'

'It's on.'

By now a wall of blue had formed behind Leo and both sides stared the other down. The air crackled with tension and Cam rubbed his forehead with his fingers as he felt a migraine come on.

Leo took a threatening step forward. 'If we win, you will give us the championship trophy that we already deserve.'

'And if we win?' Griffin asked, taking a threatening step of his own.

'What do you want?' Leo spat.

By now the two were so close they could hear each other's breaths. Griffin seemed to consider this for a moment then his eyes turned to meet Cam's.

'Him.'

That took Leo aback for a moment. 'He's not on the table. Why do you want him anyway?' he asked suspiciously.

Griffin shrugged. 'That's no concern of yours. If we win, he has to spend the rest of the day with us and do whatever we say.'

Leo hesitated.