CHAPTER 40

A/N: Here's a picture of Samuel to brighten up your day. Thirst in peace ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Alright, alright. Everyone settle down,' Miss Alberta said as she breezed into class shortly after the bell rang. It was a month into the second term at Lumière. The Christmas vacations were over and January had already extinguished itself in cloudy skies and cold nights, ushering in the bright skies and cloudless nights of February.

'William, get off the table. Stacey thank you for keeping my chair warm for me but now if you don't mind I would be taking it back.'

Will hopped off the teacher's desk with a sheepish grin and Stacey got off Miss Alberta's swivel chair with a small pout. Miss Alberta pinched their cheeks apologetically before placing her books on her desk.

'Now class,' she began, clapping her hands together as she turned to face her students. 'I've got several pieces of exciting news for you but first, Henry.'

Henry raised his head in surprise. 'Yeah?'

'You're telling us how your date with Sarah went immediately after class.'

Henry's face filled with trepidation. 'Do I have to?'

'Of course, you do,' Reginald stated firmly.

'Yeah,' Jonas agreed. 'We are the ones who set you two up. If it weren't for us you two would have spent the rest of your lives just staring and smiling awkwardly without even talking to each other.'

Miss Alberta nodded. She had a mischievous grin on her face. 'What they said. So get yourself ready buddy. We need the deets.'

Henry placed his face in his hands and groaned. 'Fine.'

'Good boy. Now to the news. The Headmistress herself is coming over to observe our class today. Now, you all know I like to keep an informal classroom but I need that pay raise which means no shouting answers from the back.' She looked pointedly at Will.

'No sleeping in class,' she moved her gaze from Reginald to Jason who was already beginning to doze off but woke up after Noel reached in front of him to nudge him.

'No footballs or basketballs in class.'

John removed the ball from his desk and placed it into his duffel bag with an awkward smile.

'No whispered gossips.'

Stacey glanced down with a guilty smile.

'No copying people's answers.'

The guys at the back nodded sagely with innocent smiles on their faces.

'No spacing out,' she snapped her fingers at Marcus who had disappeared into his head as he gazed out the window. He blinked in confusion and looked around causing Miss Alberta to shake her head.

'No singing -save it for the choir, Lucy. No rapping either -I know it's difficult Richie but please try to control yourself.'

Lucy and Richie gave her a thumbs-up as they nodded.

'And especially no public displays of affection.'

This time the entire class turned to look at Samuel and Pearl who blushed at the attention.

'I love you guys and I'm happy for you, I really am but please turn it down a notch, preferably to zero.'

Samuel and Pearl nodded and the class turned its attention back to the front but Jayden kept his gaze on Samuel who turned to smile at something that Pearl whispered to him.

'Why do you even need a pay raise?' Lucy asked curiously.

'Yeah, they're already paying you a buttload of cash.'