CHAPTER 13

Jayden swung the door open to reveal a beaming Samuel and a smiling Paul. It was the night of the ball and they were looking exceedingly handsome and charming in their expensive designer tuxedos.

Jayden scowled at them before stepping aside to allow them entry into the dorm.

'Noel,' he called, walking to sit on a stool at the kitchen counter.

Paul took a seat on a couch whiles Samuel walked over to him. He was holding a zipped-up coat bag which he presented to Jayden with a proud smile.

Jayden looked warily at it. 'What's that?'

'A tux just in case you change your mind,' Samuel explained beaming happily at him.

Jayden's expression would not have been amiss if he had been presented with a used rag. He raked his eyes over the tux with complete disgust before scoffing and turning away.

Samuel smiled undiscouraged and placed the tux on the counter before taking a seat by him. 'Just in case you change your mind,' he said.

Jayden rolled his eyes and proceeded to ignore his presence but Samuel did not allow it.

'I've never seen you smile,' he wondered aloud. 'Every time I see you, you are either scowling or glaring. You should try smiling, it'll make you feel better plus, it would be a nice look on you.'

Jayden threw him one of his fiercest glare yet but Samuel was unperturbed.

'Here, let me show you.' He then proceeded to throw a series of different smiles at him.

'Noel!'

Samuel looked up at him. 'It's not that difficult. Here...' He reached out a hand and tried to stretch Jayden's lips into a smile.

Jayden moved quickly to avoid his grasp. He hopped down from the stool and threw himself onto his couch.

'NOEL! Get your ass out here right now else I swear on the seven realms of hell, I would drag it out myself!'

Noel came out of the room buttoning his cuffs. 'I'm here, I'm here. Geez! What's the rush?'

Jayden glared at him. 'What took you so long?'

'I needed to look good. You can't rush perfection.'

Paul stood and smiled at him. 'You look more than perfect.'

Noel smiled and looked down, grateful his complexion hid the furious blush on his face.

Paul turned to Samuel. 'Shall we be off then?'

'Wait,' Noel said hurriedly. 'We need to take pictures.'

'But we don't have...'

Noel had already rushed into Jayden's room and had come out with his phone. He held it up proudly. 'We can use this.'

Samuel took it from him in surprise. 'How did you manage to sneak one in?' he asked Jayden in a voice tinged with admiration.

Jayden ignored him and they proceeded to take selfies with it. After a while, Samuel tossed the phone to Jayden who looked up in surprise.

'We need you take a couple of pictures of us. Please,' he added, knowing what his answer was going to be.

Jayden sighed and stood up. He proceeded to take a series of pictures with them in a range of poses. It started serious and formal enough but their poses began to get sillier and sillier with each shot he took.

He finally had enough. 'That's it. All of you, out.'

'Wait,' Samuel spoke up. 'We haven't taken any pictures with you.'