CHAPTER 47

Important author's note at the end, please read. Bad boy Charles in the picture above. Enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Samuel slammed his locker shut very loudly. 'I'm going to do it today.'

Paul glanced at him as he slung his backpack over his shoulder. 'You've said that for a week now and yet here we are.'

'Why can't you be more supporting?' Samuel grumbled sullenly.

'Where's the fun in that?' Paul responded pleasantly.

Samuel sighed and leaned against his locker. 'It's just... I don't know how to do it without hurting her.'

Paul patted his arm comfortingly as they began to walk out of the school building. 'Do you want to know the truth? There's no way to do this without hurting her. Breaking up with someone is like ripping off a bandage, better to just close your eyes and do it quickly.'

Samuel sighed as they arrived at the cafeteria and took their seats. 'You're right. The sooner I do it, the quicker she can move on.'

'Who is moving on?' Leo asked as he came up from behind with Cam and took a seat next to Samuel. Cam sat down by Paul and frowned at the despondent look on Sam's face.

'He's trying to find a way to break up with Pearl so he can make out with Jayden,' Paul explained.

Samuel gave him a kick from underneath the table as Cam and Leo shared an understanding look.

'I feel you man,' Leo said sympathetically. 'Break-ups are messy as hell.'

'He's right,' Noel agreed as he came up to the table. 'I know you don't want to hurt her but putting it off is just as worse because she doesn't know where the both of you stand now.'

Samuel sighed heavily before getting to his feet. 'You're right. I'm going to talk to her now.'

A minute after he was gone, Jayden walked up and took his seat beside Noel. Noel stared curiously at him. 'Where have you been?'

Jayden gave a non-committal shrug and Noel opened his mouth, ready to pry further when he took a quick glance at his watch and immediately shot to his feet.

'Oh no, I'm late for cello practice.'

'What? Now?' Cam asked incredulously.

Noel nodded absently as he quickly stuffed his books back into his bag. 'I'm sorry. I'll catch up with you guys later. Sorry.' And without a backward glance, he was gone.

Cam shook his head and went back to watching amusedly as Paul and Leo arm wrestled on the table. Jayden continued to sit in silence with a thoughtful look on his face as he gazed in the direction Noel disappeared in.

He silently stood up, causing Cam to raise his head at him enquiringly. 'Where are you also off to?'

Jayden didn't respond as he left the table, soon disappearing in the opposite direction. Cam frowned as he muttered quietly to himself. 'What's up with them?'

Leo looked up questioningly and Paul took that opportunity to slam his hand on the table, exclaiming victoriously.

Leo let out a stream of curses as Paul snickered at him, pulling Cam's attention back to them. The loud yells drew the stares of several neighbouring tables which caused him to shove his elbow painfully into Leo's side.

'Ouch, what did I do?'

'Shut up, Leo.' Cam ordered.

'But...'