CHAPTER 51

A/N: Kyle Griffin in the picture above. Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they arrived at the field, the game was over and the onlookers had already begun to disperse from the stands. They walked up to the side-lines were Leo sat with Cam and the rest of the team.

'I gather it didn't go well?' Samuel asked as he studied their grim faces.

'We were completely annihilated,' Leo snapped. He scuffed the ground angrily with tip of his cleats. 'We would have won if you and Paul had played with us.'

Paul patted his back comfortingly. 'We'll get them next time. Come on, let's go get you changed.'

He guided Leo to his feet and the rest of the team stood up with him. They turned to make their way to the changing rooms but were stopped by the Leonare soccer captain.

'Have you forgotten our little deal Ferrars?' he called, walking up to them with the rest of his team in tow.

'Forget it, Griffin. I'm not letting you take Cam away,' Leo spat, turning to glare at him.

Griffin walked up to him. 'Now, now,' he said in a disapproving tone. 'A deal is a deal. We won fair and square, don't be a sore loser.'

Luckily before the situation escalated into a full-on brawl, Cam stepped between them. 'Fine. I'll go with you.'

Leo sputtered. 'What? You can't...'

'Let it go Leo. You are the one who got us into this mess in the first place.'

Griffin beamed and gestured to one of his players who stepped up and handed him a backpack. 'Here you go,' he said, pulling out a Leonare soccer jersey with his number and name printed on the back.

Cam stared at it warily. 'What do you want me to do with it?'

'Put it on,' Griffin ordered. 'The deal was you would do everything we say.'

Leo took a threatening step forward, but Cam pushed him back and grabbed the red jersey from Griffin, pulling it over his head.

Griffin nodded in approval. 'Red is a much better colour on you than blue,' he remarked, earning a laugh from his teammates and furious glares from the Lumière soccer team whose cheeks burned red from anger.

He placed his arm around Cam's shoulders and swung him away. 'Let's go, you're one of us now.' He gave a mocking wave to the others before sauntering away with his team, Cam disappearing from their view in a sea of red.

Leo clenched and unclenched his fists several times before stomping away in barely concealed fury.

'So that just happened,' Paul remarked ruefully.

Jayden paused and looked around him. 'Have any of you seen Noel today?'

Sam and Paul shook their heads. Jayden's eyebrows creased slightly together in worry. 'I better go look for him then.'

'I'll come with you,' Samuel offered.

'You guys go do that, I'll try and cool Leo down before his hot head gets into any more trouble,' Paul said tiredly before taking off in Leo's direction.

Samuel followed Jayden as he walked through the booths, keeping an eye out for Noel's familiar figure. They hadn't gone very far when they heard someone shout Jayden's name.

They turned to see Noel waving excitedly at them. He was surrounded by all sixteen members of his family who smiled warmly at him.

'My family came over for a surprise visit, isn't that amazing?' Noel said as soon as they came over, his cheeks flushed with excitement.