CHAPTER 49

Here's a picture of Paul to brighten your day :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Saturday morning, Jayden went up to Noel's door and knocked firmly but gently. He waited for a few minutes, but the door remained resolutely closed.

Jayden sighed. 'You and I both know I can pick this lock within seconds so why don't you save us the trouble and just open the door.'

There was silence and then a soft click. Jayden breathed out in relief. 'Thank you.'

He opened the door to see Noel sitting on his bed and biting his lips as he watched him come in. Jayden walked up to the bed, forcing Noel to look up at him.

'We need to talk.'

Noel hesitated before moving over. Jayden sat down beside him and for a few moments there was only silence.

'I am sorry,' they both said in unison.

They blinked at each other in surprise before Jayden offered, 'Let me go first.'

Noel chewed on his bottom lip as he shook his head. 'No, let me. I am sorry for all the things I said to you, and for yelling at you. I also shouldn't have hit you. You are my best friend and I know you are only looking out for me.'

'I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have called you a whore and whiles I don't trust Charles, I trust you and that should be enough. I know you'll make the right decision in the end, whatever that might be, and you will be careful so I'm not going to try to stop you anymore.'

A look of relief washed over Noel's features, and he nodded grateful. 'I am being careful really. I know you think Charles will only hurt me and to be honest, I'm afraid of that too but I'm willing to take the risk. He is a good person inside; he just needs someone to show him how to be one. He will change, I can see him changing.'

A wary look came upon Jayden's face. 'For your sake, I hope to God you're right.'

A knock came from the door and Noel stood to go answer it with Jayden following curiously behind him. He opened the door to find Cam and Leo on the other side.

Leo's hand was paused in mid-air as if he had been just about to knock again. He placed it back down when he saw them and glanced in surprise between them.

'You two finally made up huh? Good, cause Samuel wants us over at his place for brunch.'

Noel looked puzzled. 'Why?'

'Apparently we are supposed to help taste Paul's new recipes for the cooking fair. Now hurry up and let's go, I'm starving.'

Cam rolled his eyes at him. 'You're always starving. Honestly, someone will think I don't feed you enough, your stomach is like a bottomless pit of hell.'

'Oi! I am a growing boy I need my nutrients. You just don't eat enough.'

Jayden and Noel glanced at each other as the two continued their argument down the hall before shaking their heads and following them.

They continued to argue all the way to Samuel and Paul's dormitory, stopping only when Noel elbowed them sharply before knocking on the door.

Samuel opened the door with a beaming smile on his face. 'You're finally here! Come in, come in. The weather is absolutely lovely today, isn't it? Perfect day to have a perfect meal!'

The others entered with varying looks of concern on their faces.

'Is it just me or does Samuel seem overly cheerful today?' Cam whispered to Leo.