18

By 5:30, Suzuki found himself sitting in a local WcDonald, dipping some cold french fries into ketchup

By 5:30, Suzuki found himself sitting in a local WcDonald, dipping some cold french fries into ketchup. His eyes were locked onto the scenery outside the glass window, the world on the other side. By now, the sun was beginning to set as the sun turned into an orange-purple hue which seemed stunning against the Tokyo skyline.

He let out a soft sigh to himself as he finished off the last fri he had. Suzuki had almost no intentions of heading home that night, it was just about the last place he wanted to be right now.

He hadn't recovered mentally from the night before, the last thing he wanted was to be caught and sold once again to someone different this time.

Wandering the streets just seemed like a better idea at the moment, at least if he was murdered, he would die with some bit of dignity, although he was sure he didn't have much of that left.

After some time of walking, Suzuki found himself alone in a nearby park. All street lights had already turned on, not a single person was in sight. Suzuki felt at peace by himself, in those moments.

It was as if there wasn't a single thing that could hurt him, he was by himself and pretty darn happy about it. Before he knew it, his feet had carried him to a nearby bench before sitting down. He tilted his head back slightly and simply took in the night few.

The city was almost pitch black, light pollution covered the night stars.

Although it was one of the many downfalls of living in the city, the soft buzz of cars passing down a nearby straight always brought him comfort. It reminded him that, even in moments like these, he was never alone. There were always people around him.

For a moment, his eyes shut and he found himself lost in his own thoughts. However he was quickly brought back to the real world as he felt a foreign object rub itself against his leg.

Suzuki opened his eyes and leaned forward slightly. He was met by the sight of a jet black cat at his foot, it's head rubbing against his leg in an attempt to catch his attention.

He took a few slow blinks before tilting his head slightly, in those seconds, the cat snapped its head upwards, quickly locking eyes with him.

Satisfied with the attention he was receiving, the cat hopped up onto the bench next to Suzuki. With a small smile, Suzuki gently stroked the top of the cat's head, enjoying the softness of it's fur under the palm of his hand.

"You were one of the ones that was in the palace..."

Startled by the new voice, Suzuki looked around in confusion, before laying his eyes on the cat surprised, as it only continued to look up at him. He watched with wide eyes as the cat's mouth opened, "right?"

Suzuki continued to stare.

It would take a second for the new, strange information to process in his head, but when it did, Suzuki wasn't sure of what to do with himself.