55

MASSIVE TRIGGER WARNING FOR THIS CHAPTER

Suzuki's heart was racing.

"Wh-Who...are you?" His voice trembled as he muttered the question. Of course, he already knew the answer, and the yellow-eyed copy of himself knew that too.

"Oh, no need to be so coy." The yellow-eyed boy mused. There was a playful smile on his face. "I'm you, of course."

Suzuki would've tried to stand up, but his body felt heavy. His legs wouldn't let him get up even if he wanted to. His bottom was glued to the seat. Instead, he furiously shook his head.

"Yo...You aren't me... M-My...sha-shadow?" He was scared.

His heart thumped against his ribcage at a million miles per minute. His mind was filled with thousands of thoughts.

If he was here, where were the rest of the phantom thieves?

Did he have a palace? What was happening?!

There just was too many unanswered questions.

Shadow Suzuki hummed as he brought a cup of tea to his semi-glossy red lips. He slurped down the green tea before casually putting the cup back down onto the wooden table.

"As I look at you like this, I can't help but realize just how truly pathetic you are." He chuckled.

Although his smile soon flattered. "Do you intend on just sitting there and trembling in your boots?"

Suzuki said nothing.

"I was right, before. You are still too weak." Shadow Suzuki commented as he put his chin on the palm of his hand.

Suzuki's was instantly reminded of a dream he had ages ago. Of course, his persona Magatsu-Izanagi was involved. It was a vivid dream, yet he didn't remember much of the experiences

He could picture Magatsu standing just behind the Shadow Suzuki; his usual white suit dyed red.

Although he has no facial features, he could tell the persona was disappointed in him.

"Do you intend on using my powers to grovel at the feet of others? I thought you were stronger than that."

Magatsu's harsh words suddenly echoed in his head. He could remember his the the fierce gaze as his blinding golden orbs looked down on him.

Suzuki blinked once, and Magatsu's disappointed gaze was replaced with Shadow Suzuki's bored one.

"Although you play strong well, you are truly a slave to your fears." The Shadow let out a sigh. "Well, I suppose it's thanks to that weakness I could be created."

Suzuki felt his hands tighten up into a fist. If he was just going to sit here like this, he was never going to find out any answers. He took a deep breath. It seemed like the shadow didn't want to hurt him for the time being.