36

It was finally May 2nd

Suzuki couldn't sleep he was feeling so restless. He had spent the entire night reading. Did they really manage to make Kamoshida have a change of heart?

Today was their day to find out.

When Suzuki got to class, he was only in homeroom for ten meansly minutes before a sudden school assembled was called. Afterwards, students were forced to gather into the school gymnasium.

"I bet it's about that girl that jumped the other day." Suzuki heard someone say as the students all pushed their way into the gym. Inside, more students had already filled the place. The place was filled with chatter as they all looked towards the empty stage before them.

Suzuki naturally gravitated towards the wall. "They don't have to tell us not to commit suicide." Someone else said.

"There was that weird calling card too, so I guess the teachers are freaking out?"

The murmurs quickly quieted down as the school principal made his way across the stage, before standing at the podium. "Let's begin this school-wide morning assembly." His voice echoed through the microphone as all eyes turned towards him.

"As you all know, a tragic event took place the other day." He began. "Thankfully, we have been informed that she has pulled through, but it will take time until she recovers." He went on.

"Everyone here has a bright future ahead. I implore that you rethink the importance of life and--" It was just then that the gym door squeaked open, revealing a disheveled Kamoshida. All heads snapped his direction.

Principal Kobayakwa couldn't hide the look of surprise on his face either. "Mr. Kamoshida, what's the--" Kamoshida interrupted him.

"I...have been reborn." His voice was seldom as he looked out at the sea of students before him. With curiosity, and judgment, they looked back. He continued onwards nonetheless. "That is why I will confess everything to you all..."

Suzuki's eyes widened as the student body began to whisper among themselves. This was it! This was the moment he had been waiting for, the moment of truth; the moment of victory. He watched as Kamoshida walked his way to the stage.

He gazed out at the student body. His eyes had heavy bags under them from lack of rest. "I have repeatedly done things that were..." He struggled for his words for a moment. "unbecoming of a teacher."

Silence washed over the crowd.

"Verbally abusing students... physically abusing my team, and..." Kamoshida paused as he looked directly towards Ann. "..sexually harassing female students."

He placed his hand on his chest. "I am the reason why Shiho Suzui tried to kill herself!" He shouted, his voice echoing through the gym. He collapsed to his knees as tears began the flow.