57

It had been a rough couple of days for Suzuki after that

As the days continued to pass, and the phantom thieves went in and out of Madarame's palace, he couldn't help but feel helpless.

Before he knew it, the last seven days before the deadline were already upon them.

As much as Suzuki wanted to help, he knew he'd only be dead weight. With that in mind, he spent his days mooching off of Akira and Sojiro's goodwill.

Suzuki found himself spending less and less time at Leblanc, and even less at school.

It was too embarrassing to show his face around his friend. He knew that his actions only made them more and more concerned for him. However, he was more afraid of the potential pity in their eyes to change.

He'd prefer long nights on the street compared to that. In the end, the local manga cafe was his go-to.

There was nothing better to entertain a self-pity party than fluffy mangas and righteous shonuen protagonists. The world between the pages was far more comforting than the hell hole he constantly found himself in.

Suzuki was reading the latest chapter of his newest binge series when his phone sudden vibrated off the cluttered desk in front of him and onto the wooden floor.

Reluctantly, he leaned over and picked the electronic off the floor. Thankfully his lit up without a crack. He eyed the new notification.

It was Ann.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

ANN: Hey Suzu!

ANN: I know you haven't been involved with the Phantom Thieves, but can I ask you for a favor?

ANN: It'd be easier to explain in person, can I see you?

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

He stared at the messages and then took in his surroundings. His legs had been tucked into his chest as he made the best of the limited space of the room.

The small desk in front of him had been completely littered with empty bags of chips and drinks. It had been days since he had seen the light of day.

He could only imagine how terrible the room smelled as all the fumes mixed together.

Suzuki let out a soft exhale.