58

RECAP: Suzuki plans on heading to Ann's house to get ready for Yusuke's painting session. Suzuki continues to struggle with his inner conflicts.

 Suzuki continues to struggle with his inner conflicts

Tomorrow came faster than Suzuki would've liked.

Like any normal person without anything of the agenda, Suzuki woke at around 2PM. He laid in bed for a long while and stared up at the hotel ceiling.

Just besides him, he felt his phone buzz.

He reluctantly extended an arm out and picked up the object, while almost dropping it on his face in the process. He had a couple text messages from Ann.

Suzuki decided to ignore those for the time being.

Instead, he slowly rolled out of bed. His feet hit the rough, cheap carpet of his room. It was the best his money could buy though.

He didn't give the hotel room much more thought as he got dressed. Considering how late he had woken up, Suzuki had just enough time to walk to Ann's house.

It wasn't going to be the easiest walk, but he definitely preferred it than being in the crowded train.

That encounter with the old man had given Suzuki enough trauma for the time being, he didn't need a repeat of it.

Suzuki slipped on a fresh set of clothes before grabbing his hotel keys, phone and other valuables before walking out.

For the second time that week, Suzuki rejoined civilization and stepped into the busy streets of Tokyo.

The suffocating sidewalks, cramped to death with strangers reminded him why he hated living in such an overpopulated city.

His thin frame was swept into the sea of human bodies. For a moment, Suzuki realized just how insignificant his existence was.

In all honestly, Suzuki wasn't sure how he did it, but soon enough his legs stopped in front of the familiar gate of the Takamaki household.

He let out the breath he didn't realize he was holding in. He collected his courage before pressing the doorbell.

The boy stood their motionlessly until the doorbell suddenly began speaking to him. "Who is it?" He heard through the intercom.

The voice was familiar, yet too different to be Ann's. There was a heavy accent with her words.

Their Japanese came out broken and choppy, yet somehow understandable.

"It's....Suzuki Nakamura."

He pause. "I'm Ann's friend, she invited me over." He added.

There was more silence before the front door suddenly opened.

Out came a model-esque, platinum blond haired woman. Her stunning blue eyes instantly reminded the boy of his friend.