09

Suzuki and the gang had been walking around for awhile

Suzuki and the gang had been walking around for awhile. They had followed some guards, beaten them up, learned some new skills, etc...

Yet somehow, none of that mattered to Suzuki. It had been sometime since the squad had left the comfort of their "safe room" as Morgana would call it.

Protected by Akira and Morgana, Suzuki along with Ryuji managed to safely make it past all the overly aggressive creatures that clogged the hallways.

Along the way, Suzuki had witnessed some stellar video game ultimate moves from the duo.

However as he played the downloaded music from his Spotify account in his headphones, he almost completely tuned everyone out. Intentional or otherwise.

In Suzuki's mind, the time seemed to fly by as he continued to watch the duo from behind, Morgana and Akira that is. Along with the badass music which he kept blasting, the entire event seemed like something straight from an anime.

However during Suzuki's own moments alone with his thoughts, the group suddenly stopped. Suzuki ran straight into Ryuji as he stood there motionless for a few seconds.

"What is that?" Ryuji asked as Suzuki removed the headphone, his western metal could be heard blasting from the headphone as he pulled it away. It took Suzuki a minute to pause his music, but when he did he could clearly hear it as well.

Crying. It was coming from down the hallway.

"Are there other people in here besides us?" Suzuki asked curiously as he stepped around from Ryuji before walking a bit further.

"It's coming from over there!" Ryuji exclaimed, running past Suzuki as he turned the corner, the rest of the group quickly following afterwards.

As they turned the corner, Suzuki turned his head a bit, looking right into a cell. Inside, where four volleyball members are whipped, their hands tightly grasping onto the string of the net. With each hit the four members groaned in pain.

"Damnnit!" Ryuji shouted, his hands tightly holding onto the cell bars which divided the four of them, from the four in uniform.

" IF YOU DON'T WANT TO END UP LIKE HER... "

Suzuki's eyes widened as a painful memory came to mind. The bloody and beaten to death body of his mother appeared in the back of his head as he watched the four, his eyes focused on the whip the monsters used to hit the innocent group.

Once...

" PLEASE... YOU PROMISED YOU WOULDN'T DO THIS ANYMORE.. "

The weak beg of his mother as his father brutally beat him. His hand pulling the belt back before smacking Suzuki's pale skin hard, with a clap. He knew that his skin would be red and bruised in the morning.