30

It had been Suzuki's first day off in awhile

It had been Suzuki's first day off in awhile. He had a lot to think about, considering it had been the first day he had to really process everything that happened to him throughout the week.

He had brushed against death so many times since he met Akira. There was apart of him that regretted it, but at the same time, he was sure that there wasn't anything he would change if he could do it again. He had a newfound power now. He could fight for those who otherwise couldn't.

His mind wandered to the bruised and battered faces he came across in the depths of Kamoshida's palace. They could do nothing more than take the beatings and hope for them to end soon. Suzuki had been there; he was there.

If he could, he'd use the power of his persona to put an end to the pointless suffering.

Suzuki gave a slight sigh as he sat up on his bed and checked his phone. He still had a bit of time before he met with Ann and went to see Shiho at the hospital.

He got dressed into his casual fit. It wasn't too hot, or too cool. He decided to wear something accordingly. He put a pair of jean overall shorts and a plain white t-shirt. His shorts had a bunch of stickers and such that had been ironed on like random shapes, and frowny faces.

His bruises had been covered with bandages and on his thin neck was a red collar. He put in his booby pins in the sharp of XIII, as he usually did outside of school before grabbing his wallet and heading out.

Like most other mornings, he didn't have to worry about his father or anyone, so leaving was a breeze.

From there, he took a train ride to the hospital. He got there a bit before Ann, so there was still a lot of time for him to explore.

Suzuki decided to stop at the bookstore that was right in front of the train station. Inside, there were more books than he could describe. It was a rather decently sized store, with all different types of sections. He wandered around, stopping when he saw the words: Psychology.

Considering everything that was happening, it seemed like a good chance to learn something new. There was no telling when they might have needed the information.

He walked down the small section, curiously eyeing the difficult kanji that had been printed onto the spine of the books. He took a random one from a random shelf. "Cognitive psience"

Suzuki read the title aloud. He didn't have a clue of what it meant, but regardless, decided to pick it up. He found a small desk at the front of the bookstore, right beside a window that faced the street and train station. He opened to the first page curiously.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Cognitive science is the interdisciplinary, scientific study of the mind and its processes. It examines the nature, the tasks, and the functions of cognition (in a broad sense).