39

Suzuki didn't exactly remember how he got home that night

Suzuki didn't exactly remember how he got home that night. After his encounter with Mr. Watanabe, the rest of his time with his friends were nothing but a blur.

It was obvious to them all that he wasn't exactly himself after his run in with the man in white, although Ann didn't exactly know the details yet.

His tired form collapsed onto his bed once he got home. It didn't seem like there was anyone there to harass him at the moment. His phone bounced with him as he face planted into the soft material.

It was just then that he felt the device buzz.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

@ RYUJI: The Phantom Thieves, huh... I'm liking the sound of that!

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Right, they had decided they would continue as a group. It wasn't everyday that someone gained powers like they did. Just how many people would they be able to help like this?

Anyone could have a palace. Yet, not everyone had the power to help. It felt nice knowing that what they were doing was going to help people. His phone continued to vibrate.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

@ ANN: I hope we can really help people.

@ ANN: I'm curious about that Phantom Aficionado Website too.

@ ANN: I wonder who made it...

@ RYUJI: No clue.

@ SUZUKI: It's probably someone at the school. But, I don't really have anyone in mind.

@ RYUJI: You think?

@ RYUJI: More importantly, you see the survey on there?

@ RYUJI: I dunno how I feel about it.

@ ANN: Yeah, there was this approval rating thing, but it was only at like, six percent...

@ AKIRA: That's low.

@ RYUJI: Don't you just wanna get higher than that?

@ RYUJI: I bet it'll go up tons if we keep taking down big targets.

@ RYUJI: It's pretty damn exciting if you try and think about it like that.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Suzuki gave a soft sigh as he tossed his phone down beside him. He felt it vibrate a few more times, yet paid it no mind. He couldn't help but think.

How nice would it have been if they could have used their powers to save him. He was suffering, suffering and suffering. He was being used as nothing but a toy for the corrupt adults they had just sought out to destroy.