43

It had been a couple days since the gang had gone to Mementos

Of course, they defeated the Shadow Nakanohara. He had said some strange things after they fought him. Suzuki barely remembered it.

Nakanohara's face contorted in rage. His eyes turned a bright yellow. Talking was only going to get them so far. His shadow bursted, giving forth to a new creature. It was a red goblin type thing with his signature bowl haircut.

"Get ready! Here he comes!" Morgana cried out, as the battle began.

"Now that I finally have what's rightfully mine... I'm not going to let you take it away!" The red goblin shouted, his voice echoing throughout the tunnel. "Look... This is a winner-takes-all world. Come fight me and I'll show you what I mean!"

It was as simple as that.

"Arsene!" "Zorro!" "Carmen!" "Captain Kidd!" "Matgatsu-Izanagi!"

Compared to Kamoshida, Nakanohara was nothing. The fight was over before it even begun. It had only taken a few smackings before Nakanohara was at their feet, pleading for them to stop.

"I-I was wrong... Please forgive me." Nakanohara begged as he collapsed onto his knees. "That evil teacher used me, then threw me out on the street. That's what caused my fixation on her..." He explained, nearly in tears.

"Huh? Could it be that Madarame guy he was talkin' about earlier?" Ryuji questioned with a slight tilt of his head.

Nakanohara nodded. "Yeah... I just didn't want anyone to throw me out again." He admitted.

"So some selfish bastard was making you suffer too..." Ann added with a slight frown. It was never really as simple as one wanted it to be. "Still, you shouldn't have dragged an unrelated woman into your mess." She pointed out.

He gave a defeated nod. "Yes, I know that now. I'll put an end to my love for her." He paused for a moment before looking longingly at Akira. "...Hey, you can change people's heart, right? In that case... won't you change Madarame's heart!? Before more people fall victim to him..." Before anyone could get another word out, the shadow began to shine. The darkness that had been surrounding it, faded away until nothing more than a pearl remained.

Well, that was the 7th. That day of Mementos had quickly been forgotten as the pressure to do well on exams suddenly overwhelmed the group. It was now the 13th, and both Suzuki and Ryuji had their hardest exams the following day. One way or another, Suzuki was doing just enough to pass, but Ryuji on the other hand? Well, by this point, they were starting to lose faith.