52

This chapter is dedicated to SpaghettiSnake1 !

We probably wouldn't be on chapter 52 without you! Thank you so much for the constant motivation in comments and on discord 💕 It really does mean a lot to me

Suzuki woke up the gentle touch of someone brushing their fingers against his cheek.

It was a sensation that almost went unnoticed by him. The culprit ghosted their fingertips along the side of his jawline before stopping at the corner of his slightly parted lips.

He felt their thumb ever so faintly run across his bottom lip.

Suzuki had never been treated so gently before. Although this was nothing more than a dream, he felt the corners of his lips curved upwards into a small smile. It was in this instance, the hand retracted.

"Are you awake?" He heard a familiar voice from just above him. This must've been a better dream than he thought.

Suzuki's eyes fluttered open, and instantly landed on the the fluffy mop haired boy besides him. Although he wasn't wearing his usual glasses at the moment, Suzuki recognized the man anywhere.

"Aki..." Suzuki muttered under his breath.

His voice barely above a whisper, however the other male heard him regardless.

"!?" Akira's face burned a bright red at the sudden and unexpected nickname. He had been completely caught off guard with that one.

It was then that Suzuki realized maybe this wasn't so much of a dream as he thought.

Suzuki suddenly jumped up. By now, he was starting to remember where he was. His face instantly turned red as he realized what he had just called the boy.

"I-I-I..." He choked on the words.

Something else suddenly clicked for him too. "Uh...w-were you t-touching me in my sleep?" He questioned, his voice trembling as he struggled to speak.

He was starting to become conscience of the space, or lack thereof, between them and their newfound location.

Suzuki definitely didn't remember falling asleep on the bed. He remembered their intense gaming sessions, and he remembered crying his eyes out in Akira's arms. However that didn't exactly explain how he found himself curled up besides the boy.

He was starting to connect the dots, though.

In general, Akira's bed wasn't exactly the biggest thing on the planet. It was a simple twin size bed, meaning they would've been fairly compacted anyways.

However, judging by the arm Akira had under Suzuki's head, he could only assume the two had been cuddling throughout the night.

His heart felt as if it was going to burst through his chest.It was definitely too early for all this. Soon enough, both boys found themselves flustered and red.

Suzuki had never, ever been touched with so much tenderness and affection. It was something so foreign, yet welcomed. He found himself wanting more of it...

He cover his face with his hands before taking a quick peek at Akira. "Mnn, thanks for putting me in your bed, and good morning..." Suzuki mumbled, trying to put this awkward morning between them.

Akira looked up at him with his equally red face and nodded. "G-Good morning." He replied, his own voice trembling as the nervousness hit him.

Suzuki found the corners of his lips twitching upwards as Akira showed him a new side of him. In front of the others, he was always the cool, collected man-of-few-words phantom thieves leader.

Yet, there he was blushy and nervous in front of him. There was something super nice about that.

Suzuki cracked a smile before reaching over to grab his phone. It lit up with the time: 10:43 AM.

He found himself thankful that it was a Sunday. Normally, it wouldn't have been anything grand for Suzuki, but today was the first time in a real long while that he didn't have to fear his father coming and ruining it all. At least he was safe at Akira's house.

Suzuki collapsed onto the bed in bliss; his face head down into the sheets. He could smell the familiar scent of Akira. He would be living like this for the next couple of weeks. This was definitely something he could find himself getting used to.

As if the embarrassments of the morning hadn't just happened, Suzuki's eyes closed as he attempted to get more sleep as Akira's comforting scent lulled him off to sleep once more.

He was almost asleep too, when the favorite feline cannonballed into the back of his spine.

Suzuki let out a strange, almost inhumane grunt.

"Wake up! I don't plan on letting you two laze around here all morning." Morgana shouted from his place standing on Suzuki's spinal cord. He was definitely going to have some sort of bruising there by tomorrow.

"What do you think we should do then, Morgana?" Akira asked as the black cat turned to look at him.

Morgana made himself comfortable on top of Suzuki's dead body and thought about it. "Hm, well, I'd like to gather a bit more information on Gambino and Madarame, so..." He paused. Suzuki suddenly came alive upon hearing his father's name.

"I can go solo with that, you two should do something fun." Morgana finished.

Suzuki propped himself up on his elbows. "Is now exactly the right time to be having fun? I mean, don't we have a palace to fight in?" He questioned with a slight tilt of his head.

Morgana nodded. "That's true but, aren't you having a bit of a hard time, right now?" He said rather bluntly, referring to the fact Suzuki had ran away from home to stay with them. Suzuki felt pang of guilt in his heart at the unexpected attack. "Wouldn't want you to slip up over a personal issue."

"Uh..." Morgana words definitely stung.

"Oh! I know, why don't you two go to an amusement park or something?" Morgana suggested, cutting Suzuki off mind thought. "It might be a good way for you to take your mind of things, and then Monday, we can get the phantom thieves together again."

Akira looked over at the feline from his position across the room. He had already gotten changed out of his pajamas and into some casual clothings. Suzuki hadn't even noticed that he had gotten up from the bed. This entire time, he thought Akira was besides him.

Nonetheless, Akira spoke up. "We should go. Regardless, it's better than staying inside." He commented.

Suzuki stared for a moment, glanced at the cat, and then nodded. "Yeah, okay..." He replied as he shifted Morgana to the side, before crawling out of the bed.

It was then, something dawned on him.

"I don't have any clothes." Suzuki pointed out with a slight frown. He hadn't been expecting Sojiro to let him stay, and so he didn't have any luggage or anything important like that.

Akira's gaze locked on with Suzuki's for a moment, before he turned away. He pulled out a box from beneath a shelf before digging around a bit.

Suzuki could only watch in confusion before Akira lifted his head, revealing a neatly folded set of clothes.

"These should be close to your size, wear it." He offered as he handed off the clothes.

The corners of Suzuki's lips curved upwards. "Thanks..." He said with a soft chuckle before heading to the bathroom.

He was starting to get more and more excited for those amusement park thing.