29

Suzuki never understood why they had to attend classes on Saturday too

Ann and Akira were already in class by the time he got there, so he went ahead and sat behind the moppy haired boy. Per usual, class seemed to fly by. Suzuki was so zoned out, he almost didn't feel his phone vibrate in his pocket.

When he pulled it out, he had a bunch of messages from their group chat. He looked up to see Ann and Akira also on their phones.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

@ RYUJI: Hey, we're meeting up at the after school, right?

@ ANN: Don't text now. We're in class.

@ RYUJI: Whoa! You mean you're actually listening to all this crap?

@ ANN: Yeah, but none of it is really sticking today...

@ RYUJI: I know, right?

@ RYUJI: Anyways, hideout after school?

@ ANN: Where exactly is this "hideout"?

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Suzuki put his phone back down as he turned his attention back to the front of the classroom. He wasn't going to listen to the lesson, but he had learned the hard way to at least try and pay attention in this class.

"Hey, Kurusu!" Mr. Ushimaru called out stopping the lesson.

Akira didn't respond as he continued to look down at his phone.

"You! Pay attention! Is that how you listen when someone's talking!?" In that instance, a piece of chalk came hurling at Akira's forehead. It hit its mark with a loud smack as the stick broke on impact.

Suzuki flinched as the stray piece nearly bounced back and hit him too.

The classroom was filled with soft mutters and laughter.

"That's what you get for daydreaming!" He huffed, as he returned back to the lesson.

Morgana sighed just loud enough for Akira and Suzuki to hear. "Good grief... Looks like you need more proficiency to completely dodge that." He commented. Suzuki bit back a soft chuckle as class soon resumed. It was over before he knew it though.

The group had all gathered at the rooftop by the end of the school day. Suzuki was the last to join them in the corner of the area.

"Looks like we're all here." Ryuji commented as he joined them. "Mmkay, let's get goin'!" He exclaimed, ready to get started on the hunt.

Morgana stopped them as he hopped onto the desk. "Hold on, it's still too early for us to head to the palace." He started.

"But why?" Ryuji questioned, visibly upset. "Don't we just gotta steal that treasure thing?" He questioned as he tilted his head a bit.

Morgana shook his head. "Don't underestimate the danger of that place. We need to prepare. You'll die if you mess up in there."

"But... how exactly are we supposed to do that?" Ann asked as both her and Suzuki had a look of confusion on their faces.

Morgana sat onto the table and nodded. "I'm glad you asked, Lady Ann." He replied. "First, we'll need to find better equipment for all of you." Ryuji's face lit up.

"You talkin' bout weapons? I know a kick-ass place!" He commented.

"In that case, you can handle that side of things. The only other thing would be stocking up on medicine. Fatigue is unavoidable in a palace." He turned towards Akira. "We have some business in Yongen." He faced everyone else once more. "Let's head off for today!"

Akira spoke up. "We're going home?"

Morgana ignored his question. "Just come with me! I won't be able to get close enough by myself!"He commanded as he hopped into Akira's bag once again. He must have decided to stay with the boy after Suzuki and Ann left yesterday.

"Eh, I guess we'll just go home then." Ann said as she gathered her stuff. Suzuki and Ryuji did the same thing before they all went their own ways. Again, Suzuki went with Ann to the station. Although he didn't have work today, he rode the train with him. He'd get off on a different stop today.

They were forced to stand at the corner of the train. Suzuki covered the girl with his body, giving her enough space not to be crushed under the weight of every other human in the car with them.

"Suzuki, are you busy tomorrow?" She questioned as she looked up at him. There wasn't much room between them. He couldn't help but look elsewhere when she looked up at him.

"Yeah, did you want to do something?" He questioned as he continued to hold himself up.

She gave a slight nod. "...Do you wanna visit Shiho with me?" She asked as she looked down at his chest. She could smell the faint scent of his newly washed clothes and manly scent. Somehow, his presence was calming for her.

"Yeah, I'll go..." He replied softly as a comfortable silence washed over the two of them.

They stayed in that possible for a while until the woman overhead call for Ann's stop. "Seeya, tomorrow, Ann." Suzuki gave her a small smile as she returned the favor before getting off. Somehow, he found himself feeling excited for the next day.