31

And then it was Monday

Suzuki didn't sleep at all. After walking Ann home, he took himself home and found himself absorbed into his book. Before he even realized it, the morning sun rays were pouring into his small room.

He had learned a lot though. Cognitive psychology wasn't a topic that just anyone could dive into though. At the end of the day, Suzuki was just a high school student.

There was only so much a single person could learn in a day. He put the book into his school bag before heading to school.

At the entrance of the school was the person Suzuki wanted to see the least.

"Good morning, c'mon, hurry up and get to class!"

It was Kamoshida. He stood at the gate of the school, laughing and smiling with all the students as they walked onto campus. His smile instantly faltered when he saw Suzuki.

"Good morning." Kamoshida said, greeting him nonetheless.

Suzuki paused for a moment, and stared at Kamoshida.He didn't bother to say a word as he pushed passed the pervert. He had no intention of sparing the man another glance.

"...That admirable behavior won't do you any good once you're expelled." Kamoshida commented, giving Suzuki a passing glance.

Suzuki chuckled as he looked at him with a raised brow. "Thanks for the concern." He replied as he brushed past him and entered the school finally. Seeing the man so early in the morning was enough to make his blood boil.

He entered his classroom just as his phone vibrated. He pulled it out and checked his most recent messages.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

@ RYUJI: So I saw Kamoshida at the school gate this morning

@ RYUJI: He was just standing there looking at me with this shit-eating grin on his face

@ ANN: Ugh, that's annoying... He was probably mocking you

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Suzuki looked up at the blonde girl who was already sitting down. Akira was right behind her, also looking at his phone. Suzuki walked to his seat as his phone continued to buzz with notifications.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

@ RYUJI: Honestly, seeing that got me even more fired up about this

@ SUZUKI: Agreed. I don't want to see that asshole again tbh

@ RYUJI: The board meeting is May 2nd, right?

@ RYUJI: We just gotta take care of him before then.

@ AKIRA: My mind is made up.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Class was over in an instance, in Suzuki's mind. After the final bell rang, the group all met up on the rooftop, as they usually did.

"Are we gonna go into the palace today?" Ryuji questioned as Akira joined the crew. He gave a slight shake of his head. He put his bag down on the table before pulling a couple items out. He had a few toy guns, a slingshot, a whip, and plastic throwing knives all laid out for the group to see.

Suzuki blinked a few times. "Uh, did you bring a bunch of fake weapons to school?" He questioned as he picked up the plastic throwing knives. They looked similar to the knives he used in the metaverse.

"It's dangerous to bring these with you to school, especially with you record." He pointed out.

Akira gave an understanding nod. "Yeah, but I figured I should give these to everyone."

Ryuji lifted up the toy shotgun and nodded. "Mhm, goin' to that place yesterday was really good!" He exclaimed as he put the toy into his own bag. He had left it all with Akira for safe keeping. "I'm glad that guy let us buy some models." He added.

"You bought these in Shibuya?" Ann asked as she grabbed the grabbed the whip.

Akira nodded. "Yeah, but they weren't too cheap..."

Ryuji let out a sigh as he leaned onto the desk. "We can get all sortsa weapons and meds and shit now, but we can't actually buy any of it without some dough." He replied.

Silence washed over the group as they thought for a couple moments. There was no way they could just use their entire life savings for some toy weapons and besides Suzuki and Ann, who worked occasionally, Ryuji and Akira were unemployed.

"Why don't we get part-time jobs?" Ann suggested.

Ryuji hummed and shook his head. "I dunno, I don't feel like it..." He commented, before sighing.

Suzuki looked at Akira. "Well, if you are interested in working Akira, my part-time job is looking for more part-timers." He offered. It was probably better than nothing.

It didn't pay the most, but Akira could earn a few extra thousand yen.

"You can probably get hired today, if you are interested." He added.

Akira nodded as Morgana popped up. "If you get a job, you'll be able to afford some medicine for everyone." He comment.

They had the weapons, and now they needed the medicine. If they had a place to get it, money was their biggest problem now.

"Let's go there today, then?" Akira nodded once again. It seemed like they had a plan then.

After that, left the school grounds and Akira, Suzuki and Morgana all left to go his part time job. Soon enough, they had arrived at the convenience store, and as Suzuki said before, Akira was hired on the spot.

They were instantly put to work.

As the supervisor, Suzuki had to show Akira the ropes. Throughout their night together, Suzuki felt like he had gotten closer to the other phantom thief.

"Do you work often?" Akira asked, making some light conversation with him.

Suzuki nodded as the last few customers paid and left, marking the end of their shift. "I work mostly Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, but you can work whatever days you want." He explained as the boss came out of the back room.

"Good work, you guys are free to go home." He said as he handed them both their paychecks for the day.

They both made two thousand yen easily. After giving a formal bow to the boss, they changed back into their uniform and closed up the store.

Suzuki handed Akira the majority of his check. "Here, you can use this for the medicine stuff." He said as the other man reluctantly took it from him. 

"Are you sure? I don't want to take your money..." He added with a small frown.

Suzuki nodded and smiled a bit. "Yeah, after all, it's for the greater good of the group, right? We need the medicine, and you can consider it a payment for the blades you bought." He explained. Akira nodded after a moment.

"I'll use it well then. We'll go to the palace tomorrow then. I'll make sure to tell the others."

Although there was still a bit of awkwardness between them, Suzuki was happy he got just a bit closer to the fluffy black haired boy. He went home happy that night.