05

School ended like usual

Afterwards, people scurried out of the classrooms. Some stayed for clubs, others went to work, but most went home.

Today, Suzuki was going to be the latter. It wasn't often that he didn't have work, and could safely go home.

He was very much looking forward to jumping into his bed and relaxing.

"Hey there, Takamaki!"

Suzuki yawned as he walked out of his classroom, leaving those who decided to stick behind to themselves.

As he turned the corner to walk down the hallway, Suzuki ran face first into someone's back, nearly falling over.

Both people took a second to regain their balance, when Suzuki looked up, he realized who it was. Akira.

"Why were you just standing there?" Suzuki questioned, somewhat annoyed as he rubbed his stinging nose.

Akira answered Suzuki's question with silence.

Suzuki followed his gaze, and his eyes landed on Ann and Kamoishida. Neither had noticed their watchful gaze. Rather

Kamoishida continued with his distasteful flirting to care, despite not even leaving campus yet.

Kamoshida's voice filled the air. "You looking for a ride home?" He asked, his thin lips curved into a slimy smile.

His dirty desires were on full display for all to see, yet no one cared.

"Things have been pretty dangerous lately with all those accidents." Suzuki looked at Ann with sympathy, understanding how disgusting it felt to be persuaded by someone you wanted nothing to do with.

Suzuki knew, but he couldn't help her.

He shifted his gaze to the ground. Pathetic. He was pathetic.

"None says anything against him 'cause he's some medalist that took the volleyball team to nationals..."

Ryuji's words from the day before echoed in Suzuki's head.

For someone who was extremely vulgar and probably not the smartest person around the block, Suzuki realized just how right Ryuji was.

He couldn't deny that he wasn't stepping in because of Kamoshida's great standing with the school.

His hands tightened into a fist as he thought about it. He wanted to help her, but there he was, just another bystander.

Ann looked up at Kamoshida, a look of great discomfort on her face. "Sorry, I have a photo shoot today. It's for the special summer issue, so I can't afford to miss it..."

"Hey now...Being a model's fine and dandy, but don't work your pretty little self to the bone." Kamoshida put his hand on his waist, imposing a burst of his own self confidence, forcing his own emotion of concern for Ann.