49

It was evening by the time Suzuki made it home

He could feel his phone vibrating as he climbed up the tree and into his room, as he typically did. When he collapsed onto his bed, he then took his phone out to see the group chat going wild.

He reread the chat some.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

@ ANN: Would you really forgive someone unconditionally if you owe your life to them?

@ ANN: I'm not so sure anymore.

@ RYUJI: What're you bringing this up for?

@ ANN: According to Kitagawa-kun, Madarame isn't a problem.

@ AKIRA: What do you mean?

@ RYUJI: Something wrong?

@ ANN: I mean, I know Madarame is a bad person, but still...

@ ANN: Maybe I'm so hesitant because I haven't actually met any of his victims.

@ RYUJI: Yeah, I guess that part's totally different from what happened with Kamoshida

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Suzuki had caught up with the group chat by now. He wasn't sure how much he agreed with Ann's line of thought, but he understood where she was coming from at least. If he was in Yusuke's position, he would've wanted someone to step in for him, even if he wasn't aware of just how bad things were.

He wasn't exactly in the greatest position to talk on the matter, especially when you think the fact he has to crawl through his window to get home at night.

Nevertheless, he continued to read.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

@ ANN: This might be an extreme line of thinking

@ ANN: But if an evil person isn't causing any trouble now...

@ ANN: Is there really a point in us stepping in?

@ AKIRA: Let's see how Yusuke feels.

@ ANN: Yeah... I guess we could talk some more after that.

@ ANN: OK. Let's meet in Shibuya after school tomorrow.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

He let out a long sigh before tossing his phone onto the mattress. Right as he let go, the phone began to vibrate, but this time with a call. He reached over to the discarded device before accepting the call.