46

Night came and went without incident

Night came and went without incident. Suzuki woke up at a decent time and was already getting dressed when his phone started buzzing and considering his lack of friends, it could have only been one group chat.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

@ANN: So I keep thinking about what Suzuki and Nakanohara said...

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Nakanohara was the man  in Mementos who first told them of Madarame.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

@ANN: Could he have really been talking about the famous artist Madarame?

@AKIRA: That sounds about right

@RYUJI: Seconded.

@SUZUKI: Madarame is a pretty uncommon name too. I doubt there are many of those around, especially painters.

@ANN: If what we heard is true, Kitagawa-kun is studying under a corrupt teacher.

@RYUJI: You mean a teacher who treats people like tools.

@ANN: Kitagawa-kun's life is probably pretty terrible.

@RYUJI: Like Suzuki said yesterday, we gotta look into this.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Suzuki put his phone into his pocket. He was wearing a rather plain outfit. His shirt was a washed out black, one size too big and had the word 'Merci' written in white ink. He slipped on some athletic looking shorts and shoes. It definitely didn't look like he was going to an art exhibit, but he looked comfortable nonetheless. 

He grabbed the ticket that had been sitting on his desk before some words caught his attention.

"Ichiryusai Madarame: An Infinite Font of Ideas," It read.

His eyes skimmed over the short blurb that had been squeezed onto the already small-ish ticket. It seemed like the man was a talented artist, although that didn't mean he was any less corrupt. He carefully placed the thin paper into his pocket, opposite of his phone before grabbing a blue and white striped backpack and putting it on.

It was a rainy Sunday morning. Suzuki left his house in peace, but everywhere he walked, he could hear the faint mummers of people curiously discussing the exhibit. He eventually met up with the gang in front of the place.