45

Exams came and went as expected

After school, the gang met up in Shibuya by some vending machines. Akira, Ryuji and Ann were all standing around Suzuki as he sat down against the wall. Everyone walked past the group of teenagers without sparing them a second glance.

"Mmm, it's over!" Ann hummed as she raised her arms high above her head in a stretch.

Ryuji let out an exhausted sigh. "It's over..." He repeated, although the tone was so much different from Ann's cheerful one. His gaze shifted towards Akira. "How 'bout you...?" He questioned.

"It's over..." Akira repeated with a similar tone.

Suzuki let out a soft laugh from his position on the ground, looking up at group. "You guys need to get your lives together." He commented as Ryuji turned his attention down to their sitting friend.

"Are you that confidence?" He questioned as he leaned against the wall beside him.

Suzuki let out a soft chuckle. "I've confidently accepted failure."

Both Akira and Ryuji cracked a small smile at Suzuki's comment. "Well, anyways, can we stop talkin' about the exams?" Ryuji questioned as he looked at the group. "Like it or not, they're gonna come back graded next week." He continued. "Rather than focus on stuff that's over with..." His eyes landed on the screen of his phone.

"What are you looking at....?" Ann questioned with a confused look.

Ryuji showed the girl the screen of his smartphone. It was lit bright red, with a familiar website. The Phantom Aficionado Website. "...It's no use." He began as he looked back, scrolling through the random posts that cluttered the site. "There ain't any useful info. The number of posts are gettin' less and less too." He added.

Morgana popped up from Akira's bag. "I am not letting this end as a one-hit wonder, OK?" He commented.

Ann rocked on her feet. "Well, there's no point in getting antsy though." She commented with a smile. "I know!" She said as she lit up with a sudden idea.

"Why don't we go eat lunch somewhere? We still have some money left over from the other day." She suggested, a pleased grin on her face.

Ryuji lit up too. "I want sushi then! Or domestic-raised eel!" He added.

"We don't have THAT much left." Ann pointed out before she paused. "Oh right. There are those tickets to Madarame's exhibit!" She stopped. "...Wait, that's tomorrow." She muttered under her breath.

Morgana's head snapped towards Ann with widened eyes. "Don't tell me. Was it love at first sight with that Yusuke guy...?" He questioned in pure disbelief.

She shook her head. "It's not like that."

Morgana let out a sigh of relief. "O-Of course not." He commented.

"When I was watching that special on TV, his artwork was pretty nice. Plus, we've got free tickets." Ann continued. "Besides, this could also be related to what we heard in Mementos." She added.

Ryuji nodded as he shoved his hands into pockets. "...Madarame, was it?"

"I'm curious as well." Akira said.

The rest of the group was of the group was in agreement.

"Well," Suzuki began as all eyes turned towards him. "Like we said yesterday, Madarame is a super famous Japanese-style artist who has been recognized around the world. Someway or another, he has connects to my father though, which I think is enough to be wary of him." He explained, giving out what little he knew about the strange man.

His gaze shifted over towards Ann. "I think it might be good to see the art show, it might be able to give us some information on the man and if he's someone we should target." He added.

Ann took a moment before nodding. "Yeah, that's true. Yusuke gave me three extra tickets too." The corners of her lips curved up. "Shall we go and appreciate some fine arts for once?"

"Fine arts, huh..." Ryuji repeated.

Morgana perked up. "Appreciating the fine arts builds character. A phantom thief who can't identify an original is lame." He chimed in.

Ryuji gave a slight shrug. "Well, if everyone's going..." He said with a tone of indifference. Arts definitely didn't seem like they would be up his alley.

"It's settled then." Suzuki chuckled.

Akira nodded in agreement. "I'm looking forward to it."

Ann giggled, her eyes lighting up some. "Just the phrase 'going to an art exhibit' sounds kinda mature." She pointed out before digging out the tickets from her bag and handing one to each of the boys.

"Let's meet at the exhibit entrance tomorrow."