Chapter 30

Isabella was in a bitter mood when the train pulled up at the station. 

It didn't matter to her! So why on earth couldn't she stop thinking about it?

Dobby the house-elf said that the Chamber of Secrets was opened before. Well, obviously, thirty years ago and it resulted in Myrtle's death and Hagrid's expulsion. 

But Dobby had also said that the Dark Lord had been defeated. He lost all power when Harry 'survived'. 

So Voldemort could be defeated and it would be by Harry's hands. 

And that should be it, right?! Harry would defeat Voldemort somewhere in the future and it would be done. She didn't have anything to do with it. She could just wait and watch as things happened of their own accord. 

There was no need for her to interfere in anything. What is supposed to happen will happen, with or without her involvement. 

Yes. That's right.

That's exactly what it is.

Precisely.

.

.

Isabella was cursing under her breath as she lay awake in her bed in the girls' dormitory that night. 

She just couldn't get her mind to stop thinking about her dream. 

Dobby said Harry 'survived', meaning someone had tried to kill him, most probably Voldemort.

And Voldemort was known for mercilessly killing and torturing others. So it didn't make sense that Voldemort spared Harry. 

And in her dream, Harry looked twelve years old. So how the hell did a young boy, barely even twelve defeat the all feared, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named? 

Well, however, Harry did it; it must have caused Voldemort's downfall.

 But all this only confirmed that Tom Riddle is indeed the Heir of Slytherin and opened the Chamber of Secrets thirty years ago and would do so in the future.

But how? If Voldemort was defeated, how did he open the Chamber again?
Unless. . .he was just defeated, but not entirely gone, not killed. So he would come back with more evil plans up his sleeve.

"Oh, great," Isabella said sarcastically.

And what the future Dumbledore said in her dream was also proof. He said the question wasn't 'Who' but 'How'.

Exactly! How the hell did Voldemort manage to open the Chamber if he was defeated?

And why Harry? Why was Harry being targeted?
Well, obviously because he was the one who defeated Voldemort.
But why him? 

What was so special about Harry that he could defeat Voldemort when he was a little kid? Did he possess some powerful magic or something?

Isabella rolled over to her side and pulled the covers over her head, and squeezed her eyes shut in an attempt to force herself to go to sleep.

But, how did the Chamber open? How indeed. . .

Wonder where the entrance of the Chamber was. 

Hogwarts was a huge castle. It could be anywhere.

It could be in the dungeons, or in the Slytherin common room. Or under the Dark Lake, or maybe, unconventionally in one of the towers. Maybe it was in the kitchens, or somewhere in the common room, or in the Forbidden Forest. . .