Chapter 75

Isabella was rather disappointed when she woke up. It was nothing new. She already knew all of it.

Although the potion allowed her to sleep for a long time, it also gave her a headache when she woke up and she'd have to bear through it for the day.

The heat returned as the months of April and May rolled in. All the chillness of the last winter was gone and people tended to spend their free time on the grounds, under the shade of the trees. 

And Isabella liked this because, it was a bit too hot and uncomfortable to stay at the library at this time and there were very few people there, especially the fifth and seventh years.

Isabella placed her bag down in an empty seat beside her and got up to get the books she required. 

"Hey, Jefferson?"

Isabella turned around to see Warrington standing a few feet away from her.

"Yes?" she said. "Did you need something?"

"Er. . .Yeah," Warrington said, slightly flustered. "Could you help me with the Care of Magical Creatures homework? You are the best in that class. . .so?"

"Homework?" Isabella said. "I don't remember Professor Kettleburn assigning any homework this week,"

Warrington's face turned a shade of purple.

"Yeah, it is last week's," he said in a small voice. "I didn't do it. And Professor Kettleburn ave me another week, after detention . . .so, will you help?"

It was rather obvious that Warrington was lying. Professor Kettleburn didn't give detentions, he took off points from the house. And even if he had given Warrington detention, he would have made him complete the homework in detention, itself.

And Isabella for one knew that Warrington had submitted his homework, because when Professor Kettleburn summoned the homework, all eleven scrolls had flown to him.

". . .Did Black put you up to this?" Isabella said. 

"What?" Warrington said, baffled.

Isabella turned to the bookshelf and pulled out the books she needed and piled them in her arms. 

"Was it Black who put you up to this?" she repeated. "Is he doing something troublesome? I would suggest that he remembers about the truce, or I might just have to hex him"

She turned around and headed towards her table.

"I don't want to involve myself with Black in any way,"

"Hey," Warrington said rather indignantly. "This has nothing to do with Regulus. I just needed your help with my homework. Fine, if you don't want to. . ."

Warrington trailed off as though waiting for Isabella to deny it. 

Isabella didn't say anything but continued on her way. 

She didn't mind helping anyone. But she wasn't entirely certain that Warrington wasn't doing this for Black, and she preferred working on her things on her own.

"Do you have your books?" Isabella said, just to be a little less rude.

"Not at the moment," Warrington said, sheepishly. "I'll get them. How about tomorrow? Here, same time?"

Isabella stared at him, slightly suspicious. Then gave in and nodded.

"Great," Warrington grinned. "See you, then,"