1: A new day in a New school

****

She removed the cover clothes from her body. She took a glass of water and rubbed her eyes. She wore her slippers and stood up.

She walked out of her small room along the narrow hallway into another small living room. She sighed and walked towards where she was hiding and pulled her out.

Placing her hands on the side she gave the little girl a stern look. "Why aren't you dressed yet?" The little girl visibly gulped not wanting to see the wrath of Dara.

"We-well hu-hum mum-m... Mummy." Dara rolled her eyes.

"Where is mummy Keasha?" Dara folded her arms as the little girl looked down.

"I thought I told you not to do this again!" Dara walked towards the door opposite where they were standing and opened the door making an older-looking woman come out.

"Mummy Keisha good morning." Keisha smiled at her and then looked down at the little girl in front of her who looked quite bored. Walking towards her, Keshia pulled her ear.

"You little!" Kesha looked up at Dara.

"How was your night darling?"

"It was fine,"  Dara and Keshia sat down.

"Are you sure you can handle yourself out there?" Dara smiled at the woman.

"Yes actually, aunty I am okay." Keisha shook her head.

"I know that you are going to be fine but I can't help but worry. You are already at the four hundred level why is it now that they are giving you a scholarship and even to a private school and not an ordinary private school it is to Bellrich University Lagos."

"Aunty don't worry, it is even good don't you think, you know that we live in Abeokuta so it would be good for us. I can come home every weekend and Layo would not totally be with you, I know that she could be a handful."

"Okay o! I know I can't stop you and it would be better because all this strike strike gan me am tired." Dara smiled.

"I just hope you will be okay." Dara smiled. She knew Aunty Keshia cared about her a lot. Since she had been sent packing out of the house, Aunty Keisha took her in like a daughter and raised her.

"Aunty I am going to be okay, you don't need to worry." She reassured. Aunty Keisha sighed and rubbed her eyes.

"I hope so, I really hope so."

********
Dara dropped down to her daughter's level, who looked quite sad, "Baby." Layo jerked her hands away quite sad.

"You are leaving again." She crossed her arm.

"Baby you know that I have to go to school but don't worry instead of going for long I am coming this weekend so it is just for this week."

This did not really make her feel better but nevertheless, she hugged her. Dara smiled happily and hugged her back.

Dara stood up, "I am going to come back soon you hear, be good you hear?" Layo nodded. Dara stood to her feet and went to prepare for the journey.

Dara entered the car smiling and she waved at them as the car drove away. Two hours later, Dara finally was pulled up to the front of a large gate. The gate opened and the gate securities verified her.

She looked around in awe, she could not believe that this was the school she was going to be attending. Entering the school, the driver looked around in awe, it was filled with large brand new buildings with manicured lawns. The car drove up to the admission block, the driver remembering the directions the policemen by the gate had given him.