41: Unbelievable Family reconciliation.

****
Kelvin could not believe it, he did not know why his friends were buying this charade, the fake tears and apology, the media and every other person were buying it but not him, he knew how stubborn Dara was, coming here after someone threatened and arrested aunty Keasha it just did not add up.

He took a fluted wine from a maid that was serving them and walked in the direction he had seen Dara and Shade follow, Layo was still in the party while the adults dot on her beauty, she was a little overwhelmed by the attention she was getting.

He followed the sisters quietly to another room, he frowned seeing a maid approach where they were and stop midway, he turned as if he was doing something just to know what the maid was doing. She stumped her foot on the ground in agitation before walking in the other direction. He quickly tried to locate them in the big house.

This was not the first time he was entering this house, senator Oladele was one of the most famous men in Lagos and his family would be invited to one function or the other.

He stopped when he heard Dara start talking again, it was hushed but he could still hear some words, "I might be helping you but remember that we are not friends and I want money, compensation for all of my effort, that shows I put on doesn't just come free," she said, "I am doing you a favour allowing back into this house after the scene you created!"

"I do not give a fuck! If I am going to take those people down I won't benefit. After all the things they did to me, I deserve more than a little compensation, this is mewing reasonable!"

"I am leaving now, we will discuss this later!" Kelvin hid behind the stairway, Dara sighed rubbing her head, she looked around before out of where they were, Kelvin yanked her and she fell into his arms.

"What the hell?!" she exclaimed before looking up to see that it was Kelvin, she placed her hand on her chest and sighed, "Kelvin! Why did you do that? I was very scared!"

"You are working with Shade now?" he questioned ignoring what she just said, she tried to pull her arm away but he would not allow it, "let me go, Kelvin!"

"Are you working with Shade?" she scoffed, "leave me alone Kelvin, what I do is none of your business," she spat angrily.

"I know that you like me, Dara! Kelson told me after he made a scene at home, why did you say the kiss was a mistake when you like me?" she took in a deep breath. Kelson already made his stance clear, she did not know why he would confront his twin brother again.

Everything was just so messy, she did not want to deal with her feelings at the moment and the plan seemed to be failing as she started succumbing, to the way he held her. "Just tell me what you feel Dara forget this bullshit that we call life, please let us talk about you and I and us, I don't want to continue keeping my feelings," he said softly staring at her.

She shook her head, "I cannot do this right now Kelvin, everybody is here, we cannot..."

"Shh..." he interrupted her, "the longer you avoid it the bigger the problems, just tell me you like me back and everything will be alright," Dara sighed, it was not that simple, with Kelson and everything going on, did she have time for romance?

"It's too early Kelvin, like Kwlsom said we only spent three weeks together, everything happened very fast..."

"Shhh... Don't let Kelson influence your decision, look at me! Look into my eyes and search your heart for you feel," she finally was able to meet his eyes, he waited for her to say something before she looked away, "I do like you," she finally admitted.

"But Kelso..." he slammed his lips on hers before she could complete her sentence knocking the breath out of her, her hands flew up to his chest as she squeezed his clothes. He let out a moan, feeling his heart pounding in his ear, he was joyed that she liked him back and that it was Kelson who was not bluffing.