54: Attacked.

****
FOUR WEEKS LATER.
It had been four weeks since Dele's accident and Dara had religiously avoided them. Luis tried to reach out but she was too mad to talk to him back. She tried to occupy her mind with plants and the garden in her house. She did everything to avoid her parents and her siblings.

She would occasionally call Nifemi who had visited her mother for two weeks, she was supposed to be back in Nigeria the day before but her flight was delayed and she was more than bored. She had called Layo a few times and they were soon having their mid-term break, she was planning to go to Layo's school tomorrow.

She had taken a liking to her social media and posted plants and the garden as she tended to it. She got a lot of positive comments and she was really happy about the way things were going.

"Darasimi," Shade entered the garden, she was dressed in a yellow sundress that reached just above her knee.

"What do you want?" Dara asked not looking up from the plant she was watering. "Someone is here to see you," her eyes flew to Kelvin who entered with a bouquet in his hand.

"What do you want Kelvin?" she asked turning back to her flower. She was not talking to him either, she hated the fact that why his friends attacked her, he kept quiet not defending her and she was sure that he also suspected that she might be behind their attack too. After walking out on them, instead of coming to apologise for what his friends said, he defended them.

"Happy birthday Darasimi," he smiled at her before she pulled her head back up, "birthday? What are you talking about?"

"Today is your birthday? You knew that right?" Kelvin asked unsurely, he still had his hands out, the bouquet that smelt sweetly in his hands.

"I... I did not remember..." she stuttered, she had forgotten her birthday, how dumb could she get? Maybe that is why her bank sent her a message. She had not bothered to open it.

"I know you are mad at me and our friends and I know what we did was stupid and unreasonable but please allow me to celebrate your birthday you can't be cooped up in here all day, common," Dara turned away.

"I am not forgiving you because you brought me flowers Kelvin," she said dropping the watering can. "That's why I am telling you to trust me, just this once, I am begging you to just follow me," Dara sighed knowing that Kelvin was stubborn and would not leave her garden if she did not do as he said.

Plus it was her birthday, she wanted to see what he had in store for her. She removed her gloves quietly and walked out of the garden, she walked into the house, "where is the gift?" she asked looking around.

"Not here, will you follow me?" he asked softly, she looked around the house once before taking his hand. She followed him out the good to his car, surprisingly he was not the one driving them this time.

"You have the driver pick us up?" she asked observing, he nodded mutely, typing rapidly on his phone. They drove across Lagos leaving her wondering where they were going. Her curiosity peaked when they slowed down on a roadside.

"Where are we?" she asked looking around, "we are not there yet but..." he brought out a blindfold, making her frown. "A blindfold? Seriously?" she asked unamused, he shrugged and she reluctantly allowed him to tie it around her eyes preventing her from seeing. The driver started another drive that did not take longer than minutes.

As soon as the car stopped she tried to take the blindfold off but he prevented her from doing so, she sighed as he helped her from the car, and started guiding her slowly. They climbed a flight of stairs and she continued to wonder where they were. She could hear the birds, they were loud and close.
He started pulling her blindfold off and she opened her eyes and her jaw dropped.