26: Out of Custody.

****
"I can't believe this is fucking happening!" Kelvin exclaimed for the umpteenth time since they had entered the office, it was going to be the talk of the town now that Luis was arrested on basis of possession of a stolen car.

Their lawyers were still inside trying to clear the air, Dara sat on an uncomfortable chair waiting for him to come out, it had been three hours since they had arrived, Dele sat across them watching quietly also anticipating Luis's return, Kelvin would pounce around angrily then go back to his sit. The officers looked at him and scoffed as he exclaimed and threw curse words in frustration.

Soon after, Luis emerged looking dishevelled and furious, they stood and ran toward him worried, "hey man are you alright?" the lawyers started emerging with him. He shrugged, "they were trying to seize my fucking car man! They have no reason for keeping me here for four fucking hours except they have some evidence against me they did not even fucking provide, I cannot believe this is fucking real!"

"What happened?" Kelvin turned to the lawyers, "they said the plate number was reported as stolen, they did a stop and search and tried to find something and they could not, still took him for receiving stolen goods," Dele scoffed.

"Does Luis look like a person that would steal a car?" he asked truly baffled, the lawyer shrugged, "I don't even know at this point, they kept him here because they wanted him to drop all the money in his account to bail him out, no evidence it was stolen nothing. It a good thing Luis we smart enough to refuse,"

"And then they decide to keep me here on more atrocious charges, it's a good thing I texted you before they snatched my phone and started searching through it. They at some point accused me of fraud, the audacity," Luis scoffed.

"I went in and they first would not let me see him, I had to make some calls for them to let me see him, and then they started with their blackmail bullshit it was just a waste of time man," the lawyer explained. "Well not for me cos I am using this God damn place and nobody is telling me otherwise, one even dared to slap me, I am going make sure he..."

"It's okay Luis, I will just make some calls, we will get the officers that were on duty," Dara frowned.

"A call?" Dara whispered making Luis finally noticed that she was here, what was she doing here anyways? It was like for the past week she was part of their lives, wherever Kelvin was she was with him.

"Yeah a call, these people have the nastiest attitude," the lawyer shook his head, "can we just leave this place abeg, just standing here makes me feel dirty."

They all agreed and moved out of the office, they walked toward the car that was parked outside among many other cars, and he shook his head and pressed the key button opening the car.

"Thank you for today, Mr Monday," the lawyer nodded and walked off with his colleagues. Luis pulled his car out of the pile and drove it unto the main road sighing. It was around ten thirty in the night and his stomach rumbled aggressively.

Dele, Dara and Kelvin walked toward the car he had parked not far from theirs, "where are you guys headed?" Luis asked them, his eyes flying to Dara that watched him silently, "can we just go back to the penthouse for now, all these things are very stressful," they all agreed to go back to the penthouse even though Dara did not know how to feel about it.

She remained quiet until they reach the penthouse and pulled out the lunch box aunty Keasha had packed for her and Kelvin, they all made their way upstairs to find a very clean and pristine penthouse.

She walked to the kitchen and dropped the lunch box there, "how are you feeling man?" Dele inquired as he took a sit beside him, Kelvin walked toward Dara and saw that she was in parking the lunch box.