18: Unlikely project partner.

****
"So a class that is all for today," the lecturer said delighting everyone, "but we have not talked about your final project, I was assigned Darasimi Felix and Kelvin Robinson," Dara frowned a little, when did that happen? Kelson had assured her about her project so she did not know what this was all about.

"Kelvin you will work with Dara from now on, I want the first chapter submitted in two weeks."

"But sir..." Kelson chimed in, and the lecturer raised his hand to stop him from going any further, "I do not want to be involved in your matter Mr. Robinson," she turned to Dara, "I trust you can handle yourself without a babysitter?" he mocked making the whole class erupt in a burst of brief laughter. She scoffed and looked away.

Was this man joking? What does he mean by babysitter?

"Do the work and do it well, the topic is with Kelvin if you can not remember that one too," he mocked again and turned, leaving the lecture hall.

Everyone started packing up and making their way out of class quietly, Kelson took Dara's hand and squeezed it reassuring her, she stared into space trying to figure out how she would work with Kelvin, he behaved as of he had the burden of the world resting on his shoulder plus he was her bully, no matter what she needed to be conscious about how she behaved.

"Dara," Kelson called softly, "you will need to go and meet him, so you could start, you have like three weeks and you would need extra help."

"But..." Kelson shook his head, "I am also going to be busy with the shoot and the project and our upcoming exams I am going to have to pull a lot of weight."

"I know I know. It just," she stopped herself from saying anything skeptically glancing at Kelvin who had his ear airports plugged, "you know how I feel about Kelvin," she muttered looking back at Kelson who smiled rubbing her hand, "do not worry Dara, I will beg him and make sure he doesn't do anything to you."

"I don't..."

"You have no choice, Dara, I know you are scared but do not worry, I will make sure Luis and Dele watch him, he will not harm you."

****
"I cannot believe you, man! You are making us do this?" Luis asked annoyed, "yeah man, we bully together and we will make amends together, you do not expect that you get out of this scoff free. Mom said they will stop taking money from your parents if you do not apologize to the victims of our escapes."

Luis blinked and looked away, he clenched his jaw softly finding out that Kelvin is doing that, "why are you doing this exactly? Nobody thinks you have changed! The anti-bullying therapy and the money you are giving to them are bullshit to make yourself feel better."

"Look Luis I am not giving that money to begging forgiveness, it is for compensation, the therapy is helping and I do not want anyone to know about it," Dele scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"You expect us to believe that you just woke up one day and start caring about people's lives? Bullshit! We are shitty people Kelvin and that would not change."

"You are right Dele I am but again I think it is best those people the proper compensation they need. I would never ask for the hurt to go away but one thing I know is that I can open doors that can make their lives easier and that is just what I want to do."

"I do not want to be a part of your redemption shit Kelvin, I do not give a fuck about those people, and going to some bullshit anti-bullying section that your darling mummy organizes will not change me."

"Then maybe you need God," Kelvin muttered in response.

"Sorry?" Luis asked trying to hear what he just said.