34: The beautiful surprise.

****
"What's wrong?" Kelvin asked as soon as he sighted Dara, she took in a deep breath trying to calm herself, "I am tired! I am so tired! I knew going to that place sill just add more stress than I am going through!"

Kelvin approached her and pulled her into his arms, he held her there and she reciprocated the hug with a sigh of relief and exhaustion.

"You can explain it on our way, I have a surprise for you," he said with a cheeky grin making her frown, "you are suspicious?" she narrowed her eyes but he all but shrugged.

"Am I now?" he opened the door to his Bentley for her and she entered, the car smelt expensive and screamed luxury, "you like cars, don't you?" he shrugged.

"There is nothing to use the money to do, I love cars though," she nodded acknowledging it, "so you are an Oladele? Did not know that kind of family could be so sinister," Kelvin shook his head.

"You know my family?" Dara asked glancing at him, "everyone knows the Oladele family, Darasimi, everyone wants a piece of the national cake, they have the whole bakery," he chuckle shaking his head.

"Well, I despise the bakery," Dara said with contempt, "what did they do this time?"

"She registered Layo into Greenwood academy!" Kelvin blinked, that school was for the ultra-rich, his cousin went there but his mother did not see the need for him and his brother to go there, "Greenwood!" he paused, "that's a bad thing?"

"She did not tell me, Kelvin! She went to sign up for a school that is 4.5 million naira a semester just to tell me casually over dinner. It fine if she had informed me earlier, look at it this way, I am planning on leaving there in months, and things are already unstable with Layo, if I pull her out of that school again and she starts attending a regular school, it might affect her. My parents are not doing this from the abundance of their hearts, they are using everything to try and make me stay with them, which is disgusting!"

Kelvin nodded understanding what she meant, "I am so tired of all this honestly, I cannot believe one dinner has turned my life upside down like this! I wish I listened to you and I did not go," she sighed and pulled the Pepsis from the cup holder and gulped it.

"Where are we headed?" Dara asked looking around, she did not know her way around Lagos much but she knew they were leaving the island already, "I told you, it was a surprise, you will have to be patient and find out when you when find out," he said with a smirk.

"You know I do not do well with surprises," she said looking around curiously. They drove for an hour and finally entered a small estate in Ikorodu, "are you sure you have not kidnapped me like this?" she joked making him scoff.

"I am insulted by that, I would never get my hands dirty when I have to do it for me," he said not looking at her. She frowned a little, "should I be worried about that?"

"No silly! I am joking," he chuckled making her mod, her mind went back to the bullying thing and she thought of it over and over again. She never formally acknowledged it with him but she was uncomfortable with the way he spoke about men doing his dirty job for him.

"We are here," he said, he looked frowning, they were in front of a house, "what is this supposed to be?" she asked as he got out of the car. He walked toward her part of the car and opened it, she stared at him feeling confused about what to do.

He stretched out his hands with a smile, "trust me! You are gonna love what I have for you," she looked at him for a while before taking his hand, he pulled her out before walking hand in hand into the small house, she frowned as she approached the back door of the house, "are we breaking into a house now Kelvin?"