59: Marry me.

****
"Excuse me?" she asked trying to understand if what she heard was correct. "I said marry me, Darasimi Felix," she blinked trying to discern has she just said.

"Marry you? Are you crazy? Why would I ever want to do that? How is that supposed to help me?" she almost yelled at him.

"Just hear me out first, I already thought of everything and it might seem insane but that is the only way out of this Dara, I love you and I am willing to make sure Kelson and my mother do not get their hands on Layo."

"I do not need a saviour Kelvin, I can damn near do it myself, thank you very much and good day," Dara sneered. Kelvin sighed as she started walking away, he followed her knowing that it was the one shot he had. He pulled her back, taking her hand gently.

"I am not marrying you, Kelvin! I do not want to see you near me again!" she said with finality in her tone. "Let's just talk more about this Darasimi, please. If my mother takes this to court you will lose custody of either my mom or Kelson and your family will always use Layo as leverage against you, you will never be free."

"Like I said I do not need saving!" she spat and started walking off again. She made her way toward the car and sat inside, Kelvin watched as the car drove off.
****
"I cannot believe that all this thing is happening! I told you Darasimi! I told you Kelson is not a good person!" Nisi said with anger.

"Not only him but his entire family! They ruined my life and the fact that the two twins are playing me, good cop bad cop!" she said with pain in her voice. Nisi turned back to her, "what are you saying? Kelvin cares about you, he has shown you that time and time again."

"Shown me that? Nisi is the twin brother t, my rapist! How could I ever see him past that? He proposed that I marry him, that is the only way out of this shit. All of the people around me are just using me and silly little me just wants genuine good for people. I just want to be loved!"

"I am so sorry darling," Nisi walked toward her, she sat next to her on the fluffy bed. Dara had her room redesigned and a new security system was set up to efficiently protect her.

"I am tired, my parents are planning on contesting for custody if Stephanie doesn't back down. He came to show me papers today, papers from the court notice I will be served!"

"Dara, I am not trying to advocate for Kelvin or anything but do you have another solution from the one he is proposing?" Nisi questioned slowly. Dara shook her head feeling angry and sad, once again, she is at the mercy of another man. She felt angry and disappointed in herself. She could not protect herself or her child from the wolves in her life.

"If I marry him, it doesn't mean Layo becomes his child? Kelson will still be the father regardless," Dara explained.

"Getting married gives Kelvin better right over you than anyone else, the court recognises the right over a husband over a wife and you could always sign your caretaking right to Kelvin, it makes sense. The public will buy the eloping story. After what happened on your birthday, your family will not be able to object. Because Kelvin now has more rights than them over you, he is your primary caretaker. Contesting for custody of a child that already has parents and one of her parents is the twin of the person contesting? The court will have a hard time with the case and it will give you more advantage and more footing.

We can prove his history of sexual assault toward you and his violent attack if he ever tries."

"I cannot do this Nisi, marrying Kelvin is crazy, I do not even think I want to date him anymore, I love him but I do not think I want to do it," she explained.

"I understand how you feel, but think about all the benefits of marrying him, you get a quick escape from that house, and we can find a permanent solution after the semester ends," Nisi explained.